CO: 100 bb
      BTN: 35.5 bb
      SB: 134.5 bb
      BB: 33 bb
      UTG+1: 102 bb
      Hero (UTG+2): 25 bb
      MP1: 83.5 bb

Pre-Flop: Hero is UTG+2 with A:heart: K:spade:
      UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to 4 bb, 2 folds, MP3 calls 4 bb, 3 folds, BB calls 3 bb

Flop: (12.5 bb) 2:diamond: 8:diamond: 5:spade: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks

Turn: (12.5 bb) 7:heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, MP3 bets 4 bb, BB calls 4 bb, Hero folds

River: (20.5 bb) 8:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets 10 bb, MP3 folds

My question is should I have mada cbet after the flop (treat as a made hand), or was I right to just check it (trash hand)?
  • 8 replies
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      checking is the right move here, just follow the basic strategy
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Cbet flop, 2/3rd pot.
      Flop is raggy and chances are Villains havent hit that flop.
    • aahitman
      aahitman
      Bronze
      Any third oppinion to make my mind? :)
    • RockEye
      RockEye
      Bronze
      I usually cbet the flop like this with AK, if someone reraises i fold, but if everyone checks, i'd check/fold the turn like in your hand and raise turn if it's A or K.
    • aahitman
      aahitman
      Bronze
      Just a question (bigguiners one)... But, if we cbet on flop, and villain calls, and then we check and he bets on turn (and we usually fold) couldn't he be bluffing knowing that we fold?
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      The c-bet is a very useful tool in your arsenal and its proper use should be something you study.
      SSS tells you to always c-bet vs one villian and only c-bet in a multiway pot with a made hand or monster draw. Here you have neither so I should follow basics, c/f and hope for a freeplay. I can also calculate pot odds on the flop, look at my hand odds and decide if a push is +EV. In this hand my pot odds are 2.59:1 and I count 6 outs (3A + 3K) for 3:1 hand odds. (I think a BD wheel draw is too weak to count on this board, and if you calculate more accurate hand odds you are closer to 3.5:1) This would cement my descision to c/f
      Keep in mind you can c/c a bet if the chum gives you good odds, as they often minbet. With such marginal pot odds and holding big-slick you can also c/r all-in against very loose aggressives if you notice they over play A9+ and it is folded HU to you.
      Again, I would simply follow the standard play and save the fancy stuff for higher status/limits.
      As for your question, the chum dont think, they don't play you, the board or your hand, they are only looking at thier cards, the gutshot straightdraw and your stack. Against a thinking player, yes, your c-bet can get floated, hence you learn bet to fire 2-barrels and check/raise, but again, advanced stuff, here I am sticking to basics.
      Happy chum hunting
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RockEye
      I usually cbet the flop like this with AK, if someone reraises i fold, but if everyone checks, i'd check/fold the turn like in your hand and raise turn if it's A or K.
      I disagree, Hero is out of position in a multiway pot.
      Check/fold here is appropriately because the maximum winning odds you have is around 27%. Even if you see a K or A, your never sure you have the winning hand due 2 pair issues, Flush,Straights etc.

I would play it like this:
      Flop: Check
      Turn: A or K = Bet/Shove
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      you dont have enough fe against 2 c/f flop