This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

VanillaGorilla on the hunt for midstakes!

• VanillaGorrilla
      VanillaGorrilla
      Basic
      Good afternoon and welcome to my shitty poker life so far!

I am a long time lurker on here and I thought I’d introduce myself through a blog. I’ve been playing poker on and off for a while now but never took it very serious, I have been in contact with a coach from another forum and we are looking to get a coaching plan sorted for when I get back home and have the time to study. He has however asked me to get a sample database ready for him, as I have only just bought HEM2 it’s not going to be massive but I hoping to get around 30,000 hands by the 9th of August. As I am pretty shit at poker do you think that will be enough to spot my biggest leaks? I’m currently around 13,000 hands this week and about $60 up, sounds okay but my graph is like a roller coaster! The biggest problem I have is thinking everyone is full of shit and basically being a moron when facing aggression! Oh well hopefully my coach will be able to sort this out pretty quick.

One thing I have been focusing on recently is developing ranges and positional play, I know a lot of this is very basic for some of you guys but I am fairly new to all this. The thing I am struggling with at the moment is concentrating for long periods of time, I think I am going to have to start implementing structured breaks and de-screening for a period of time between sessions. Has anyone got any tips for this?

I see this blog as a long term thing hopefully taking me through the journey to small stakes and possibly beyond, it’s not going to be easy but I am ready to put in the work to succeed. I started off with some bad bankroll management but I’ve managed to work it up to ~$310 with the help of some FPP sats and PS bonuses. My whole bankroll is around $2k but I am looking to use $800 of this for coaching and I don’t think I am ready to grind at nl25. I have played there and sporadically and not done to bad, but I think that was luck more than anything! Once I have got a decent sample size size and win rate at nl10 and my coach has sorted my gaping leaks I will move up and see how it goes!

I’ll post my roller coaster graph and some positional stats later on this evening, after that I’ll post a graph at the end of each week which will hopefully not be like a roller coaster and will be showing a decent profit.

Thank you goodnight, much love.
  • 1 reply
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey VanillaGorrilla,

Welcome to the forums.

I was initially a lurker here, but not any more. :tongue:

As for sample sizes, they can be astronomical. I think 30k would be enough to identify some significant leaks, but maybe not all. I wouldn't be surprised if some recommend 100k +.

Love the name by the way. :D

GL and keep us updated,

Laz