VanillaGorilla on the hunt for midstakes!

• VanillaGorrilla
      VanillaGorrilla
      Basic
      Good afternoon and welcome to my shitty poker life so far!

I am a long time lurker on here and I thought I’d introduce myself through a blog. I’ve been playing poker on and off for a while now but never took it very serious, I have been in contact with a coach from another forum and we are looking to get a coaching plan sorted for when I get back home and have the time to study. He has however asked me to get a sample database ready for him, as I have only just bought HEM2 it’s not going to be massive but I hoping to get around 30,000 hands by the 9th of August. As I am pretty shit at poker do you think that will be enough to spot my biggest leaks? I’m currently around 13,000 hands this week and about $60 up, sounds okay but my graph is like a roller coaster! The biggest problem I have is thinking everyone is full of shit and basically being a moron when facing aggression! Oh well hopefully my coach will be able to sort this out pretty quick.

One thing I have been focusing on recently is developing ranges and positional play, I know a lot of this is very basic for some of you guys but I am fairly new to all this. The thing I am struggling with at the moment is concentrating for long periods of time, I think I am going to have to start implementing structured breaks and de-screening for a period of time between sessions. Has anyone got any tips for this?

I see this blog as a long term thing hopefully taking me through the journey to small stakes and possibly beyond, it’s not going to be easy but I am ready to put in the work to succeed. I started off with some bad bankroll management but I’ve managed to work it up to ~$310 with the help of some FPP sats and PS bonuses. My whole bankroll is around $2k but I am looking to use $800 of this for coaching and I don’t think I am ready to grind at nl25. I have played there and sporadically and not done to bad, but I think that was luck more than anything! Once I have got a decent sample size size and win rate at nl10 and my coach has sorted my gaping leaks I will move up and see how it goes!

I’ll post my roller coaster graph and some positional stats later on this evening, after that I’ll post a graph at the end of each week which will hopefully not be like a roller coaster and will be showing a decent profit.

Thank you goodnight, much love.
  • 1 reply
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey VanillaGorrilla,

Welcome to the forums.

I was initially a lurker here, but not any more. :tongue:

As for sample sizes, they can be astronomical. I think 30k would be enough to identify some significant leaks, but maybe not all. I wouldn't be surprised if some recommend 100k +.

Love the name by the way. :D

GL and keep us updated,

Laz