mucking cards

• double007
      double007
      Bronze
      hi in our home game under the gun raises pre flop 4 people call including the big blind ,flop is dealt under the gun leads out with a 600 bet the next 3 fold the big blind has his cards hidden behind his chips picks them up to take another look at the exact same time under the gun mucks his cards thinking he was the last player and winning the pot . who loses and who wins what, bearing in mind bb had not matched utg 600 bet .ta :D :spade: :heart: :diamond:
  • 3 replies
    • RGLFC1
      RGLFC1
      Bronze
      I think the official rule would be that the player who has mucked loses the pot. However, it is not allowed at any point in the game to cover your cards from your opponents view, so if the BB was doing this, he surrenders the pot and is given a warning. Ofc your playing a home game so I would say let the lad tell his EXACT cards to a player not in the pot and let this player fish em back out the muck pile if the BB wishes to play.

This has happened to me once and almost cost me my tournament life, thankfully the TD showed some common sense and made a fair ruling. I had pushed all in with AA from early position fairly short stacked and it folded round, at least I thought so. The BB had his cards completely covered so I mucked by mistake, after which he gave a huge grin (cunt). The TD ruled that I lose only a big blinds worth and not my whole stack, better than it all anyway. I actually ended up finishing the day chip leader as well..... maybe there is some justice in the game :)
    • double007
      double007
      Bronze
      he didnt mean too hide his cards .so we let utg take his 600 back and split the pot . chip leader after day1 but did you win ta ;)
    • RGLFC1
      RGLFC1
      Bronze
      your welcome, no I didnt win I finished 7th for £1k after tilting as bad as I ever have. Some donk shoved over the top of my 3 times BB raise from early position with ATc only to hit a flush on the river against my KK. I still had average stack but was so seething I blew the rest of it within half an hour, I would have had over a third of the chips in play lol. Anyway that should be a lesson for all of us, dont tilt its not good haha.