Multi-Tabling Fraud?

• billnmex
      billnmex
      Bronze
      Can someone explain this to me on William Hill you can have multiple entries in the same tournament. How does this work? You are able to be at up to 3 tables in the same game so what happens if all 3 entries make the Final Table. Any way I look at it it smells.. from an advantage of getting to the final table and then combining your chips or do you play with the 3 man advantage or is the so called RNG set up to prevent this. I am fairly new to on line poker but have never seen or heard of anything like this.
  • 4 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey billnmex,

Several rooms now run Multi-Entry tourneys. You will never end up on a table with yourself.

Say if you had 4 entries left with 4 tables left. When it goes to 3, your two lowest stacks will be merged into 1 and likewise for every table break.

Regards

Laz
    • billnmex
      billnmex
      Bronze
      Thanks for trying to help me understand how this is not in some way unfair. using your example players getting to the final table can get hit with a big surprise. To make it easy, 9 players each with 5000 chips get to the final table...BUT WAIT one is a multi entry player and now this guy has 10000 chips and so instead of 9 players there is only eight or do I still have it wrong?
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey billnmex,

That's the player's reward for being good enough to run deep with multiple entries. Some rooms have tourneys you can enter up to 8 times. You have to factor in cost of buyins to potential profit.

If you were to buy 8 entries into a large MTT, you would probably need 1 entry to make the final 50 just to break even.

Cheers

Laz
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Bronze
      Don't forget that one who enters a tourney thrice is charged a triple buy-in, so the ROI doesn't increase.

Merging the stacks of multiple entries of a player that reach the final table is actually a punishment. The reason is that, according to the ICM, a chip in a big stack is worth less than a chip in a small stack, and tripling the stack increases the personal prize equity by less than three times. I'd even advocate giving a few bonus chips to someone who reaches the FT with two or more entries, as a way to offset this negative effect.