This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Q9 freeplay

• caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Known players:
      SB:
      $26,42
      Hero:
      $5,00
      UTG:
      $22,46
      UTG+2:
      $4,50
      MP1:
      $5,64
      MP2:
      $20,51
      MP3:
      $11,34
      CO:
      $13,42
      BU:
      $25,00

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:heart: , 9:spade:
      6 folds, SB calls $0,15, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,50) K:club: , 9:club: , J:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,36, Hero...

Should I discount the queens from my outs here?
      I have 4 T's to complete a straight, 2 nines to complete a set and 3 queens to complete two pair. If my opponent has a T, my queen will complete his straight though...

Should I discount the 3 queens then?

Supposing I do not discount the queens. I have 9 outs, which gives me 4:1 odds. The pot odds however are less than 2:1. I'd have to count on implied odds to make the call worth it. I'd have to make him call at least a .60 bet on the turn to make it worth it. The board is very scary though, so do you think I could get him to pay that bet?
  • 2 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Preflop: Raise this one since SB complete is very very weak! 4bb is mostly enough to let them fold, if they call well you have position on them :)

Postflop:
      I only count 3 T's (no ) and 2 nines which gives you 5 outs.

As he bets 2/3 you can make an estimation of your implied, I think he bets 2/3 again if you call so the pot would be on the Turn: $1.22 so he bets around $0.8

$0.86+$0.8 : $0.36 = 4.6:1 at max.

With 5 outs, its a weak draw and should be played c/f. I dont like calling here as it is a waste of blinds (you only had to post 1bb because you had to..)

So next time, raise preflop to 4bb as a steal whenever SB open-completes ;)
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      raise preflop hand is ok, as played fold flop