This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Why does variance come in group?

• Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      When I get a bad beat they all start coming, one after another. Why is variance like this, comes in form of downswings and upswings(doesnt exist for me btw :P )?

I dont get it, but i do know when variance comes i lose 2 to 5 BIs in less than 1 hour, and all goes wrong in that time. straights beat, flushes beat, constantly losing hands against completed draws, etc...

What's up with this? why doesnt it come like it should, sporadically?

I just lost 3 BIs in 1 hour, and i dont know wtf happens that 3 in 3 days or 2 in 2 days my whole profit goes in this hour. ?( ?( ?(
  • 5 replies
    • awkorama
      awkorama
      Bronze
      actually it isn't true.

only humans perceive these as groups.. actually all hands are independent of each other.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by awkorama
      actually it isn't true.

only humans perceive these as groups.. actually all hands are independent of each other.
      variance definitely comes in group, I could make a video of that "hour" and you'd see what happens. its so sick :(

the probability of those bad beats happening one after each other is so low, why does it happen though? its more than a probability, its always happening to me and other people
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      I see that too... 50K hands of downswing and then 50K hands of miracle upswing where I just can't lose with anything.
      No way to see some 100 hands downswing, and then something normal after, lol.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      3 bi's per/hour isn't the worst case scenario)
      thinking a lot about variance doesn't help either) just concentrate on decisions you make, big part of the loss is there.

what people tend to forget, is everytime you win a pot w/o the nuts, you are running over expectation)
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      i think usualy we dont realise that after we lose 1 . 2 . 3 bins most of us cant play our best game further more and conscious or subconsious Mr Tilt comes and says hello and we usualy let him in . very rarely we lose 5 bins in 30 mins when we play well and take the right decisions . most of the time our thinking will be damaged by the money lost with the first to bins and this will lead into losing some more (without playing corectly)
      gl