Moving Up..

• cardman021
      cardman021
      Basic
      Hey Guys,

Got a little tired of making and failing challenges. So decided to just make my 2nd(I think) blog instead..

Just a short introduction, I'm Jay from the Philippines, currently playing at NL2-10. Been playing fulltime for 4-5 months(hate counting)..

My long term goal as everyone might have, is to move up(as the title implies), however this month was pretty bad for me. I've earned less than what I have to pay for bills, I felt very unhappy with what I'm doing. I have to start from scratch(NL2)..

Well, I made my decision already. I'll give myself one more month, If I'm not happy or get a bad result then I'll go find a diff path..

Anyway, I did switch to Zoom(for now), reasons are I want to play more hands a day and I think it might require a little less BR management..

My setup, is to play at 2 diff stakes currently NL2-NL5. 8 tabling zoom might sound overkill, but I'm pretty much comfortable with it since I used to 24-tables regular FRs. Looking to play 13k a day with 1 day-off per week.. Will probably update here everyday.. Anyway that's it for now..
  • 10 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi Jay and welcome to blogs again!

I 20 - 24 table nl5 FR but that didn't mean I could 8 table zoom, I tried and I timed out would be the epitaph there! :D
      Well done if you can manage it, I could just about play 4 at best.

Good luck and have fun,

Mal.
    • cardman021
      cardman021
      Basic
      Hey there, yeah I did try already. I noticed that my style of play doesn't suit for 4 tables as I tend to get bored, over play hands and over think most of the time. My style of play is a bit robotic normally that is perfect for 8-tabling. I do review my session every after session though just to make sure I can re-adjust to some spots I might wrongly played.
    • cardman021
      cardman021
      Basic
      1st day played 8,392 hands, played 2 MTTs so had to cut down my CG tables. Anyway, will catch up tomorrow..

NL2- Played 2,534 hands @ 21.84bb/100
      NL5- Played 5,858 hands @ 6.48bb/100

Ran below EV today..
    • cardman021
      cardman021
      Basic
      Bad day, played around 2.5k til I decided to just take my 1st off today because I'm being raped too much. Was 5 BI below EV today...
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by cardman021
      Bad day, played around 2.5k til I decided to just take my 1st off today because I'm being raped too much. Was 5 BI below EV today...
      X(

Remember Jay, Tomorrow is a new day. :)
    • steesteestee
      steesteestee
      Bronze

I will follow. Good luck.
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Hi cardman,

8 tabling zoom is quiet impressive, when I play 6+ I become too tight and autopiloting too much, so I preffer 4 personally.

I'll be following your blog, it could be a nice journey.

Kind regards,
      Fran
    • cardman021
      cardman021
      Basic
      Thanks Guys, and FFRRAANNKKIIEE(Thank god there's a copy paste :) ) well I'm not sure if I'll be profitable in the long run doing this, so technically the 8-Table for now is just a test.. I do play 20-24 tables regularly though, and will still do it of course. I'm just starting to lose my motivation grinding the regular formats so just trying to find other formats that might keep me going without making huge adjustments(like FR CG to 6-Max Hypers which I originally thought lol). Are you a zoom player BTW? Or anyone? Just have a question. :)
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      shzoom itt
    • cardman021
      cardman021
      Basic
      Hey Tomaloc, man that's an awesome looking graph(1st page).. That's a huge WR, my WR plays around 4-7 in that stake and that's regular.