Software to learn ranges

• Splitas
      Splitas
      Bronze
      I'm curious maybe exists software which helps to decide what hands to play in certain position? As example if I have 22 in EP popup would appear with suggestion to fold (or something like that). I made some 3bet/call 3bet ranges but many times I just fold good hands for 3beting because I used to fold them a lot.
  • 10 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Splitas,

Yes. There are programs like this but they are on the banned list at any legitimate and reputable poker room. Any program that takes the decision away from the player is considered unfair.

PokerStars, for instance can scan your Running Programs list. I would assume other major rooms have special protocols in place for detecting running or installed banned software.

The best thing to do would be to work out your ranges by position using an equity trainer like our own Equilab, print them out and memorise them.

Regards

Laz
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      I have made range chart popups in PT4. You just use text to lay it out, and I've had it so that they are popups that come up by clicking on the position RFI in the hud, eg clicking on EP pops up the EP chart, you can colour code which hands are raise/fold, raise/call, raise/4b etc.

Basically just in the hud editor create a whole grid of text:

AA AK ... etc
      KK... etc
    • Splitas
      Splitas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by metza
      I have made range chart popups in PT4. You just use text to lay it out, and I've had it so that they are popups that come up by clicking on the position RFI in the hud, eg clicking on EP pops up the EP chart, you can colour code which hands are raise/fold, raise/call, raise/4b etc.

AA AK ... etc
      KK... etc
      Thanks, great idea.
    • andiofwbafc
      andiofwbafc
      Bronze

AA AK ... etc
      KK... etc
      That's actually an awesome idea. I usually have my charts in a txt document but this way would save a lot of space on my desktop whilst playing.

Something for me to look in to.

Thanks.
    • Shuttled
      Shuttled
      Bronze

AA AK ... etc
      KK... etc
      Interesting, could you post a screenshot of one of your popups to give an idea of what this would look like?
    • andiofwbafc
      andiofwbafc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Shuttled

AA AK ... etc
      KK... etc
      Interesting, could you post a screenshot of one of your popups to give an idea of what this would look like?
      Yes I would be interested in seeing a pic of the pop up as well so I can get an idea of how to lay mine out. :)
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      If any of you guys are still interested in this, the charts are available as a perk/reward for crowdfunding in a mockumentary I am working on. Link in signature.
    • MichFran
      MichFran
      Bronze
      Is it really legal that they can see what programs you run? Or do we agree on that in terms and condition when we sign up?
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MichFran
      Is it really legal that they can see what programs you run? Or do we agree on that in terms and condition when we sign up?
      Yeah it is, you agree to it in PokerStars terms and conditions.

SuperHUD/PokerCalculatorPro can do what OP was wanting, functions dont work on Stars/FTP but you can do them in iPoker.