Aye!!

• JoMidas
      JoMidas
      Bronze
      Hey everybody!
      My poker name is jomidas. I live in a Caribbean island called Antigua. Poker isnt really popular here but it is my earnest desire is to become a high stakes professional player. The good thing is I have dedication and determination and a raw desperado approach to learning. The bad thing is I have played under 50 hands online in my entire life and that was with the free $10 for poker770 given by this truly incredible site. I am only 19 however, and intend to maximise on every piece of information that I can learn from this community.

I have a bit of an issue. You see, I set up a cirruculum of poker topics and everything, but its pretty hard to find people in Antigua that I can connect with regularly about anything poker related. According to Snictzelfisch, I need a partner or group for sweat sessions (can't afford coaching yet). What options do I have?
  • 6 replies
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      Make friends here and start skype group together, and you can discuss everything. Another option is to start blogging.
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JoMidas
      I have a bit of an issue. You see, I set up a cirruculum of poker topics and everything, but its pretty hard to find people in Antigua that I can connect with regularly about anything poker related. According to Snictzelfisch, I need a partner or group for sweat sessions (can't afford coaching yet). What options do I have?
      You're at exactly the right place for that.

You can talk about anything poker related over here, or, as Rihard noted, start a blog or friend people and do sweat sessions together via Skype.
      I think there are a few open Skype groups on the Learning to Win board, why not have a look?

Good luck on your poker journey! It's going to be tough at times ad you'll experience some setbacks, but if you stay at it, you'll succeed for sure.
    • NikolaNP
      NikolaNP
      Bronze
      Welcome man I have same problem here I dont have peoples for discussion and training because of that we have forums like this :D
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey JoMidas,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com :)

We actually have at least a couple of guys from the Caribbean (I have actually just skyped a friend of mine from Jamaica). He is always complaining that there is no West Indians for him to talk to here.

As Rihard4a and Harrier88 have posted, the "Learning to Win" board is an excellent place to connect with players at the same limits via skype groups.

Don't forget to read the basic and bronze strategy articles

Have fun

Laz
    • JoMidas
      JoMidas
      Bronze
      Thanks for the warm welcome. Ill be sure to take your advice. Who knows we might be sitting at a highstakes television coverage poker table one day. Until then...peace!!
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by JoMidas
      Thanks for the warm welcome. Ill be sure to take your advice. Who knows we might be sitting at a highstakes television coverage poker table one day. Until then...peace!!
      Lol. Not me. My heart wouldn't take it :f_eek: