IvicaIliev77 August SNG Grind

• IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Will make this really quick

:spade: Mixing 15s and 30s 6 max SNGs
      :heart: Target will be minimum 2k games ,ideally going for 3k games
      :diamond: Coaching minimum 60 hours this month my students
      :club: Will be away from the tables minimum 7 days (Belgrade trip, celebrations, time with girls and friends + rest days)

Results wise if I reach 36.7% ITM on both limits evenly, I should have no less than 3.5-4% ROI easily.

I will overall have very limited time this month so even 100 hours of grind will be a prize for me considering coaching/working on my game and all the other life related events.

Expect graphs each day and even on days I won't grind will do update regarding what happened.

Lets do this!
  • 46 replies
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Done for the day - tons of things planed for tomorrow.

Variance played crucial role in today's grind. ITM of 29% says it all!
      I am however happy with how I handled it and played. Tomorrow is another day at the office and chance to turn things around ;)

Day 1
      100 games - 3.72 hours

Results graph

ITM graph
      29%
      1st 17% 2nd 12% 3rd 17% 4th 24% 5th 24% 6th 6%

HU 17 vs 12 or 17 vs 12 %.
    • evolv87
      evolv87
      Bronze
      Cool good luck. I'll definitely be following this and hoping to get some motivation from it as well. Bad day to start the month for me as well but I'm also ready to turn things around! :D
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      gl pedja
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by evolv87
      Cool good luck. I'll definitely be following this and hoping to get some motivation from it as well. Bad day to start the month for me as well but I'm also ready to turn things around! :D
      Thank you. I am also following your challenge closely. Hope you will crush your opposition and move up limits soon!

Originally posted by FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      gl pedja
      Thanks Fran
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Time for Day 2 update

Had really nice card distribution and some wonderful post flop plays. Very happy how I played today. Day started very bad but later on turned out good.
      Final table, HU I lost with QQ vs K9o and then ran with KJo vs A7o for 10bb so instead of 22 vs 17 now its 21 vs 18 HU places...
      Also morning session took more than 2 and a half hours to play 50 games !

Day 2
      100 games - 4.43 hours

Results graph

ITM graph
      39%
      1st 21% 2nd 18% 3rd 21% 4th 21% 5th 9% 6th 10%

HU 21 vs 18 or 21% vs 18%.

P.S. Tomorrow I might go for 150 games but minimum another 100 games for sure.
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Day 3 , 9pm 0 games. It will most likely stay that way until the end of the day.

In the morning had 1 coaching session then meet with Curly (student and friend). Hanged out with him for 2 hours, great times. After that went to meet my best friend at his place. Helped him move some furniture, we drank coffee and talked about him visiting me in Montenegro from 1st of September.
      After that I went home, ate lunch and had another coaching session. After session went to work out/CrossFit outside around 5:30pm where weather was super hot. I really maxed myself out, took a shower, ate dinner and here I am now. In between watched one video I recorded for students + read things on forum...

Tomorrow I have CrossFit at 10am, I want to go to bed before 1:30am so instead of grinding I will do couple of other things now:

- Pay/send all the money needed for bills this month
      - Organize cleaning lady for Thursday latest
      - Prepare phone numbers and emails for Partizan vs Ludogorec ticket office to arrange the pickup of tickets
      - Search online for some things in Tivat, Montenegro (cleaning lady services, shops with tables and chairs for grind,internet provider locations etc)
      - Finally relax, hit bed and watch/listen to some sitcoms before falling asleep!

So I guess we can call this a day off from grinding :) I am very happy with everything that I accomplished today, could also do 50 games but I will surely have some day(s) with 150 games to get close to 3k games.

Tomorrow I have Cross fit 10-11 (12 by the time I get back, shower and have a snack), coaching session 6-7pm. I will most likely finish my 100 games 12 to 6pm with brakes for snack and lunch. After diner I may step up for another session to get 150 games - lets see what happens.

Overall, things will get easier for grind once I get back into 75 games sessions vs 50 games but for now I will keep doing blocks of 50 - they work better for now!
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Day 4 update

Volume slipping away again!
      Had CrossFit training today, spent time with my best friend, ordered some things online for my Montenegro move, did some extra research for the move, coached 1 session and finally played one longer session 76 games.
      I can get it to 100 games but tomorrow I have 3 sessions and 1st one is at 9am so I will hit the bed as soon as I finish this update!

Regarding quality of play, I believe today I made some lighter bluff catches then I would have usually. This may have happened not more then 4-5 times in 76 games. My radar is usually very strong and on, can put opponents on ranges really well but today was slightly off. There were also tons of setups which increased 5th and 6th places overall.

Results wise it was very swingy day as I was running good on 15s but getting butchered on 30s.

Finally, EV wise just tons of setups and I am happy I stop carrying about it a while back :)

Quality of play 7/10 today

Day 4
      76 games - 2.58 hours

Results graph

ITM distribution graph
      36.84%
      1st 17% 2nd 19% 3rd 14% 4th 10% 5th 21% 6th 17%

HU 1st 13 vs 2nd 15 places.

Tomorrow I will skip morning coffee with best friend and go for 75 game session after 11am. In the afternoon after session (7pm) will go for another 75 game session and try to hit 150 games. Lets see what happens !
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Day 5 update - 0 games

Tons of life related things completed + coachings, talking to students/answering their questions/scheduling sessions, talking to people about tomorrows Belgrade trip.

In advance tomorrow will be 0 games also since I have CrossFit and after that leave for Belgrade to meet with friends hang until game time and then go to Partizan Belgrade game.
      Should be back home after midnight 1 or 2 am shall see.

It is looking more likely that I will hit 2k volume this month. With this kind of pace , even that is doubtful so really look forward to moving to Montenegro to grind heavy !
    • chinagambler
      chinagambler
      Basic
      Do you play 6-max hypers or turbo/regular?
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      ^he plays turbo's mainly :)
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by chinagambler
      Do you play 6-max hypers or turbo/regular?
      6 max turbo mainly, here and there some regular speed game to fill the table count.
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Day 6 & 7 update

Was in Belgrade for Partizan Belgrade match. Did not end well for my team but that is how things work out in the sports.

Grinding - 25 games in 2 days.
      What I did instead was tons of coaching + sweat sessions with my best friend and student. Basically was shoving him some 7s vs 3.5$ limit and tendencies of the opponents. He should hopefully move to this limit within 2 months tops.

It is a bit late to post graph now, have training at 10am and am maxed out and tired now (from Belgrade whole day yesterday also + didn't sleep well today)

Things worth mentioning:

- 15s going great as usual
      - 30s running not so good and look forward for my ITM to skyrocket by the end of the year there.
      - Quality of play varies! Sometimes I make spectacular play and bluff catch, sometimes I don't. It is all in the grind habit for me. As soon as I back into full mode this will be even better.
      - Results for those 25 games were BE with more 1st vs 2nd places as usual just winning on 15s and losing on 30s.

This weekend there are a lot of things happening. Saturday I am not sure if I will even get the chance to play since we will have some family gathering and birthday celebration. Friday (today) will be very busy with CrossFit in the morning followed by 2 coaching sessions. Sunday will be busy with coachings and some other life related things. Saturday I also plan to work out outside on my own. Have to prepare for moving to Montenegro in 3 weeks as well.

My general plan will be to hit this month 2k games minimum then hit 8k more in following 2 months so 10k games until end of October. With this kind of grind, I can also consider going for 200k SN which would be nice addition to RB money as well!

Expect graphs in the future updates.
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      gogogo :)
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      gogogo :)
      Thanks for the support Fran!

Nothing major to report for grind unfortunately.
      Yesterday family obligations + coaching, today also tons of coaching + Partizan Belgrade playing in 15 minutes after that heading to work out outside... Friday was crazy busy also with CrossFit + coaching sessions.

I am proud to say that from 12 people in the program , 10 play 7$ limit on Stars. So far average ROI for them this month has been 7%. I look forward to their progress very much!

As far as my grind goes, it will be very tough like I said in the beginning of the month. This weekend my best friend from Boston is coming to my town , his brother also coming to perform at Nisvile Jazz festival. That's 2 more days of no grinding, hanging out, spending time together enjoying life.

This month , so far , I got 301 games based on SS. Will play those 1699 games any way I can before the end of the month. Hopefully I can do 2.5k games but I will not force myself as there is tons of things going on + getting ready to move to Montenegro in 3 weeks!

Keep an eye for update - will post graph as soon as something happens in that area ;)
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Some good news
      Today will go for 50 or 75 games , 1 session minimum.
      Lets see what happens :)
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Day 11
      50 game - 1.92 hours

Setups going my way, decent card distribution and solid HU play.

ITM graph
      43%
      1st 24% 2nd 20% 3rd 8% 4th 14% 5th 22% 6th 12%

Results graph

1st vs 2nd place finishes 12 vs 10.

Posting this graph now as I will most likely not manage to play another session today. Going now to buy some tickets for Jazz festival that's happening this weekend. After that coaching session with student, followed by meeting with my guitar student. After all that I have about hour or hour and a half before I meet with one girl around 9pm... So as I said, most likely, no more games for today. I would however love to squeeze 50 more games or 25 at least.

Lets see what happens !
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      always nice to hit some rungood :)
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Day 13
      50 games - 2.25 hours

Very good distribution and solid play. Overall very happy with how it went today.

ITM graph

Results graph

HU 15 vs 8 or 30% vs 16%

Still very busy with coaching and life related things. This week I have 20+ hours of coaching lined up!

This weekend friends are coming so it will be super difficult to put volume then.

Either way, 2k is something I will go for by pushing through some 150 games days more or less :)
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Day 15
      75 games - 2.78 hours

Also played 17 HU hypers, 15s at coffee place won about 97$ in those as well.

Regarding game play, felt that I played well, my focus was sharp and made some excellent bluff catches and HU play was very strong.
      Hope to keep this level of focus of play 2nd half of the month where I will go for 1.5k games more - about 100 a day or 10 days of 150 games or so.

Tomorrow(today already) and day after is Jazz festival and have friends visiting. So most likely grinding from Monday more, going for some more solid and steady game numbers.

Coaching is going really well, coaching 2 to 3 sessions daily minimum which also takes a lot of my time off grinding.
      Add to all this 4 times a week CrossFit with other life related and you get a bit hectic time management.

Working on my move to Montenegro which should happen in about 16-18 days from today.

Anyways here are the graphs and see you in some future update

Results graph

ITM graph

HU 20% vs 17% or 15 vs 13.