Starting The Money Chant with coach Rovar

• Heisenberg2014
      Heisenberg2014
      Basic
      Hi all

Well this is my fist blog and my English is a little bit rusty, but i will try to be as much understandable when I’ll write all my crazy minds.

I am 30 years old, living in Slovenia. I have a mentally pretty exhaustingjob with f*cking stupid coworkers but decent salary (for Slovenia). I am working 8-10 hours per day and I am in a bad mood every single day when I am going to work. My biggest problem is that I am not type of person who can work all life for somebody else, so I am always looking for alternative ways of making money for living. I am not trying to be rich (or maybe I am just lying to myself? :) ), but just to make enough to buy myself time to enjoy life.

So poker… First of all I have to say I am really lucky to have a friend like Rovar (I think you know his blog but if not you should really check it http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=266038 ). I know him almost 10 years, way before poker time. When he started playing I was thrilled how much energy and enthusiasm he put into this game. I was sure he will succeed. When he started making some money of course I have to try.

I think I started with 50eur playing SNG (1,5$ and 3,5$) on ps. I was playing couple of months, with no special success but my br was slowly growing. One day I was kind of bored (yeah stupid) and tried NL50 HU. I was hitting everything with my crazy play, for first few days and boost my br to around 900$. When roller coaster hit the top the way down was even faster. Tilting of course helped. I bust my br and put some more money In It. Yes, I lost that to.

When I was thinking what to do I decided I will put poker on side because I didn’t have enough energy and time to dedicate 100% to it, together with my job. Few months passes by and Rovar was becoming better and better. So when we were talking about poker we decide that I will dedicate myself to become better player and he will coach me.

For start I just finished with Gordons HU Mastermind which I honestly think is great for newbies in HU with some basic knowledge in poker.

I will have to strictly follow Rovars instructions or the deal is off. Well I can forget crazy play and tilting. It’s time to make some money and most off all improve the game! My plan is to play 25+ hours per week.

Lets start The Money Chant ;)

• 18 replies
    • RovarTry
      RovarTry
      Bronze
      Hey, just droping by to confirm that "kiddo" is telling the truth and to remind him about persistence and patience ;)

GL!
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Heisenberg2014,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com :)

Haha. You're in for it now. :tongue: Rovar is watching :evil:

I've got no doubt that it won't be long before we are seeing some really nice graphs.

Good Luck

Laz
      Bronze
      When i saw the name Heisenberg I so hoped it would be another Fixed Limit blog :D

anyway gl with your goals you can do it!
    • Heisenberg2014
      Heisenberg2014
      Basic
      In Slovenia we have saying: bad start, good end. I hope that will happen in this case. Unfortunately I played 4 hours today and hit stop loss. I checked hands and I don't thing there were any big mistakes. Coach will tell me more tomorrow.

I am not in very bad mood, but I was hoping it will be a better start. Tomorrow is a new day.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      GL to you and your coach! Slovenia is soon going to be a HU crasher country. :)
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Yeah slovenian invasion on PS :D

glgl
    • Heisenberg2014
      Heisenberg2014
      Basic
      Originally posted by HansTheGreat
      GL to you and your coach! Slovenia is soon going to be a HU crasher country. :)
      Thanks Hans. Respect to you and your awesome project.
    • Heisenberg2014
      Heisenberg2014
      Basic
      After two bad days, when I had to stop playing (solid game, no major mistakes) because I hit stop loss. Today was better. Volume is small but anyway...

Some details about project:

- starting br: 2000eur
      - stop loss 250$ (+ optional 100$ with coach approval)
      - game: HU NL50

Today's graph:

https://i.imgur.com/vZ6BjJ9.png

And graph for first two days:

https://i.imgur.com/JaK40MP.png
    • Heisenberg2014
      Heisenberg2014
      Basic
      Last two days I didn't have time to play and tomorrow I am going on holiday for 10 days where also I will not play. Maybe it's not the best time, but it's great I will fill up my batteries. When I'll be back no more excuses, at least 25 hours of playing per week.

GL to all!
    • Heisenberg2014
      Heisenberg2014
      Basic
      Well holidays are over and I'm back. I was playing almost 12 hours in from Monday to today so I'm satisfied with volume. Result should be better after 5BI+ start on Monday but I unfortunately I hit stop loss yesterday, so after 3 days it's positive zero. There were some mistakes but main problem is rake which is killing in NL50. Today there were ups and downs, but I finished with 1,5BI+.

There are 10 more days in August and I really hope I will end month with positive result.
    • nubson
      nubson
      Bronze
      Good luck ! :)
    • Heisenberg2014
      Heisenberg2014
      Basic
      It was shitty week if we look results. Started great, continue with ups and downs and finished with minus 6BI. I was loosing most flips. God of poker just don’t like me at the moment :)

I’m satisfied with discipline in last days. Almost no stupid calls and no spew. I’m thinking about game more and more while playing and getting more confident. Those are the things that matter right now. So baby steps…

https://i.imgur.com/dM3lk2C.png

Any idea why forum don't show picture?
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Bronze
      I'm in :s_pleased:

glgl! :)
    • Bugghy
      Bugghy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Heisenberg2014
      It was shitty week if we look results. Started great, continue with ups and downs and finished with minus 6BI. I was loosing most flips. God of poker just don’t like me at the moment :)

I’m satisfied with discipline in last days. Almost no stupid calls and no spew. I’m thinking about game more and more while playing and getting more confident. Those are the things that matter right now. So baby steps…

Any idea why forum don't show picture?
      Because of you basic status .
    • Heisenberg2014
      Heisenberg2014
      Basic
      Today again stop loss but who cares :D I watched Champions League play-off game between Celtic and my hometown football club Maribor and here we are! See you in Champions League!

Remember this club crest guys, because you will be seeing it in great company of Real, Bayern, Manchester...

http://zavodudarnik.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/nk-maribor.jpg
    • Heisenberg2014
      Heisenberg2014
      Basic
      What to say about first month. It wasn’t easy. Not that I expected it would be but such a bad run in the beginning of project is a “little bit” stressful. When you’re in doubt about every single decision you make that’s taking a lot of energy. I’m not complaining, just saying. I know you’re all been there.

Despite all problems, I am really happy that Rovar gave me that opportunity. I will work even harder. So thumbs up coach ;)

This month graph:

https://i.imgur.com/zsfdSNY.png
    • Heisenberg2014
      Heisenberg2014
      Basic
      Finally some positive results. I don’t think I’m playing different but really bad run seems to be over for now, even though it is a small sample.

Had short but effective coaching today, but there was something wrong with Camtasia and it didn’t record voice. I will post all those hands to forum. I am little lazy about posting hands, but need to change that in the future. Its great to see different opinions what would be the best play.

This week:

http://i.imgur.com/pOKxeHy.png
    • Heisenberg2014
      Heisenberg2014
      Basic
      After long time I was reading some old posts in blog from my coach and his beginnings in HU. He was hitting stop loss like he's paid for doing it :D Maybe there is still hope for me to become successful as him ;)

After good start of last week we are on roller coaster again. Up, down and just a little up yesterday. I can't be satisfied with volume. It was hard week at work. Yesterday I had to clean out a room which is basically office/room where you put all the junk you don't need anymore. Maybe new, organized environment will affect positive on my play.

Last week:

http://i.imgur.com/3eTN2Sz.png