How do You play AA/KK in FR?? >.<

• Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      I am minus 6 buy-ins with aces and kings since started FR!! Last 3 times I had aces they ran into a set on the flop, 3 times in a row ffs on a draw heavy board. 0.1^3 = 0.001 chance or 0.01% of this! I play them -EV against full stacks and huge -EV amount. All I can do with them is win against shortstack. I will start checking them on the flop in raised pot, because if villain is not on set he just folds, screw this, I am so pissed. Wanted to release some steam. I probably should muck overpairs to action more often than continuing.
  • 11 replies
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      I am getting sucked our hand by hand, half of my BR went away! ands like this take place every 30 min. This has been for a month already, when do I start to win these hands, only poker gods know. lol.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $1,75
      BB:
      $8,69
      UTG:
      $10,10
      MP1:
      $17,87
      MP2:
      $7,55
      Hero:
      $19,76
      CO:
      $21,67
      BU:
      $7,85

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.61 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 3:spade: , 3:heart:
      UTG folds, UTG1 calls $0,10, 3 folds, Hero calls $0,10, CO folds, BU calls $0,10, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,45) 3:diamond: , 4:spade: , 4:heart: (4 players)
      BB checks, UTG1 checks, Hero bets $0,30, BU calls $0,30, BB raises to $0,60, UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $2,00, BU folds, BB raises to $3,40, Hero raises to $12,30, BB raises to $8,59 (All-In).

Turn: ($21,64) 5:spade:
      River: ($21,64) 4:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $21,64
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      AA preflop
      UTG = Raise BBx5
      UTG+1 and 2 = Raise BBx4+1BB per limper. If someone raise I'll raise to the pot size or 1,5 pot (depends 'bout player). If there's a raiser and caller I'll bet the pot. If the player behind raiser reraise him I'm awwwww eeennnnnnn.

3, 4, 5 = raise BBx4 or BBx5 if everyone folds up to me. If they limp - BBx3+1BB per limper.
      If someone bets I'll 3 bet him. If someone bets and another player calls I'll bet the pot. If There's more than 1 raise I'm awwwww eeeennnnnnnn!!

CO, D & SB = If everyone folds, sometimes I'm raising here BBx6 just to look that I want to steal that pot (that will often induct other players to call my raise, lol, or to reraise me, yumm). In other cases I'll light bet (BBx3) to get someone raise on me. If somebody behind me reraise me I'll 4 bet him (if you double his bet he'll know you're on AA/KK and if you do 4 bet he'll think you're bluffing or you're on some AK or AQ/KQ/QQ/JJ/TT so you can expect call/reraise by him if he's on KK/AK).
      If everybody limps I'll bet the pot. Hmm... Whatever happens infront of me I'll bet the pot (if that pot is more than 50% of my stack I'm awwwww eeeeeennn!).

BB = DON'T CHECK! DON'T! RAISE THAT SHIT!! If everybody limps just bet the 1,5 pot to steal everything. If 1 player calls you're good. If someone calls od reraise or re-reraise you can move all in.

Next post is 'bout KK in 20 minutes. I'm gonna eat first :P
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Thanks for imformative post preflop AA is easy tho, after some suckouts I just bet 1$ pf and get called by 70BB stack, still getting sucked out on the flop tho.
    • Jaime001254
      Jaime001254
      Bronze
      just raise, raise, raise... how much??
      charts...
      postflop if you are HU Cbet any flop, multiway, if flop is 9TJ suited or somethink, a fold may me needed...
      bet more than the pot to protect your hand.

dont forget any villian calling with 33 is -EV.
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Solomaextra
      Thanks for imformative post preflop AA is easy tho, after some suckouts I just bet 1$ pf and get called by 70BB stack, still getting sucked out on the flop tho.
      Note that depends about the type of the player(s) you're playing against. If you know that someone will flat call your raise with his rags just bet more. Make him pay for his bad knowledge or his gambling. He can't hit every time, don't worry. Btw, today at my table was some guy. His BB/100 was 2107 in the first 30 minutes. Yes, 2107! He ran all in preflop with EVERY hand his been dealt on.
      I'll list his hands from PTracker...
      63 vs mine KK went like this: K66Q6
      J:heart: 3:diamond: versus someones' A:club: A:spade: was 2:heart: 9:heart: K:heart: 5:diamond: A:heart:
      A7 vs QQ -> K425A
      KK vs JJ -> 6JQTA
      28 vs AT -> 22A9Q
      75 vs mine AK -> A4K36
      A3 vs mine AQ -> 59AJ3

At this point he had more money than all the other players at the table together.

Then he lost it all, made a rebuy, lost it, made another and lost it too... He finished his 1 hour long session with -6BI at that table, hehe...
      What goes around...
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jaime001254
      charts...
      postflop if you are HU Cbet any flop, multiway, if flop is 9TJ suited or somethink, a fold may me needed...

If there are first TAG players to act (early positions including SB) and loose behind 'em - Mix your raises between 3 and 5 BBs.
      If there are first loose and then TAGs - Raise whatever you want. Some of them will call in 80% of times because he MUST and he NEED to gamble if he knows you're on AA or he NEEDS to see what you have if he's not sure 'bout your hand.
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jaime001254
      charts...

No, calling for set value vs AA is definitely +EV, actually you can call 4BB raise if you have like 50BB left profitably with any pair if you KNOW villain has aces.
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      Now it's the KK preflop turn.

UTG = I'll open it with BBx3 if I'm mostly against some loose but passive players. Vs LAGs goes some BBx4 raise or BBx5. If I'm opening and I know there is a donk(s) after me to act and another players are passive I'll open BBx5,5 (at this point I want to get payed by 2 players max.!)
      Another point is if I'm opening against mostly TAGs. I'll raise BBx3,5.

UTG+1 and 2 = This is standard. 4BB+1BB per limper. If someone raise up to BBx5-6 I'll reraise him by double. If he raise more than 5-6BB I'm 99% sure he's on AA/AK/KK/AQ/QQ/JJ and I'll call in that case to see the flop (I lost maaaaany pots with reraising here to get another reraise where I can only fold or go all in. And if I decide to all in I was against AA or some other Ax in 90% of time.)

3,4,5 = Here's 4BB+1BB per limper too. Or if someone raise I'll reraise to the pot size. Same thing for 1 raiser and 1 caller. If there are 2 raisers and both (or 2nd at least) are TAGs I'll look my stack and pot odds. Believe me that I can fold here, hehe... Not often but I can. At this spot it all depends about the type of the players you're against. You can't miss with calling. But often you can badly miss with all in raise.

CO,D,SB = FOLD BY NO MEAN!! Hah, joking, lol... If 2 or more limps to you just bet 5BB+1BB per limper. If 1 player raise and 1 or more calls don't hesitate to reraise the pot size. 1 weak raise, 1 2 or 3 bet reraiser and maybe some caller? Well, you can call or bet the 3/4 size of the pot. If there are 2 solid TAGs or 1 TAG and 1 LAG and if they make something like raise to 4BB-reraise to 12BB+ be sure someone's on Aces or Ax so it's your choice what to do. Of course, take a look 'bout the pot odds, type of the players, your image at the table and so on, and so on.
      Versus LAGs with wide range of cards you can't miss if you push 'em all in (if you're sure that 2 or more will call what they will in 40% of the time).

BB = Veeeery few times I'll check here. If I'm against TAGs who limped in the pot. In 95% of the time I'll mix my raises from BBx4+1BB per limper to BBx12 if there are more than 2 limpers. Why? First - I want to bluff that I have aces and I want to get called by someones Ax.
      Second - Someone will call you in 2/5 of the times with every PP or Ax, even with Kx s00ted.
      Third - To look like you want to steal the pot and you'll find some "hero" who thinks "NOT IN MY HOUSE!!" and he'll flat call ya (or reraise ya) with Ax or QQ/JJ/TT/99. Sometimes he'll try to bluff with nothing and if you call/push him all in he'll think - "FKK, I'M POT COMMITED, I HAVE TO CALL!". And he will call...
    • Jaime001254
      Jaime001254
      Bronze
      mmmm thats right, but im talking about SSS, as im a SSSer...
      (i cant give set value if i raise 4bb, and i have 16bb left)
      and thats something that happen in BSS, you call a raise with a small pair and f*** someone's AA or KK, and the same the other way... thats BSS
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      KK and AA.. always raise... never limp. Always raise flop and turn.
      Don't care if opponents hit their flop.. you will never ever get that read unless the flush or straight is damn obvious. Other sets are not, hence if you go broke to them its alright.

The only time you can fold KK is on a board with an A were villain bets correctly and is a decent player preflop.
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dragar
      KK and AA.. always raise... never limp. Always raise flop and turn.
      Don't care if opponents hit their flop.. you will never ever get that read unless the flush or straight is damn obvious. Other sets are not, hence if you go broke to them its alright.

The only time you can fold KK is on a board with an A were villain bets correctly and is a decent player preflop.
      This is actually not true, you may avoid situation playing for stacks with AA postflop even on a dry board.