MP3: $1.76 - 88 bb
      CO: $2.37 - 119 bb
      BU: $1.82 - 91 bb
      SB: $9.26 - 463 bb
      BB: $2.41 - 121 bb

0.01/0.02 No Limit Hold'em (6 Handed)
      Hand recorder for this hand: PokerStrategy.com SideKick 2.1.10728.5

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:spade: , T:club:
      SB posts small blind ($0.01), Hero posts big blind ($0.02), 3 folds, BU calls, SB folds, Hero raises for $0.06, BU calls

Flop: ($0.17 - 8.50 bb) A:diamond: , K:club: , 7:club: (2 Players)
      Hero bets $0.12, BU calls

Turn: ($0.41 - 20.50 bb) K:spade: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, BU checks

River: ($0.41 - 20.50 bb) 9:diamond: (2 Players)
      Hero bets $0.30, BU raises for $0.60, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled back ($0.30)

Comment
  • 6 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Silver
      Originally posted by MickyCee93
      Comment
      why did you bet on the flop?
      why did you bet on the river?
    • MickyCee93
      MickyCee93
      Basic
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      Originally posted by MickyCee93
      Comment
      why did you bet on the flop?
      why did you bet on the river?
      Flop- Cbet, just thought I would take one stab at taking it down
      River- That's were I think I went wrong. Checking should of been the go.

Would you bet on the flop provided you have no information on your opponent? He does seem like a weaker player since he doesn't have the full stack and limped in.
    • VaskataBuci
      VaskataBuci
      Bronze
      OOP I would bet bigger preflop - at least 5BB. I might bet the flop but definitely check the river.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Silver
      i'm still not seeing the point in betting flop. by betting he probably folds his 99, 88, 7x hands and never folds Ax or Kx... he never has QQ or JJ, so betting accomplishes nothing. if you say it's just to "take it down" i guess you imply you want to make him fold his equity, but you're either way ahead or way behind - his folding range is so weak on this board you don't care about him hitting with his 89s or whatever. i think raise bigger preflop, like 4bb at least and then i would check the flop, probably even a check/fold. as played check/fold the river, again it accomplishes nothing.
    • MickyCee93
      MickyCee93
      Basic
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      i'm still not seeing the point in betting flop. by betting he probably folds his 99, 88, 7x hands and never folds Ax or Kx... he never has QQ or JJ, so betting accomplishes nothing. if you say it's just to "take it down" i guess you imply you want to make him fold his equity, but you're either way ahead or way behind - his folding range is so weak on this board you don't care about him hitting with his 89s or whatever. i think raise bigger preflop, like 4bb at least and then i would check the flop, probably even a check/fold. as played check/fold the river, again it accomplishes nothing.
      thanks! very helpful. Big Leak in my game I'd say
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Silver
      no problem :)

it is always a great idea to work on your cbetting strategy and never just play blindly. it is by far the most common spot aside from preflop play and so if you can cbet (and plan) well then you will improve a lot.