August Challenge

• mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

August is already started, so I will set my challenge for that month. Last month I manage to get some improvement in my game. Also I am very happy that my coach gave me green light for move up to 7s.

But as my usually starts goes, downswing happen. I have some bad plays also, so this I need to look for and get them to the minimum. I am used to those starts, because they always happen, so I won`t put my attention to that, but will all my energy put into improving my game and reducing my mistakes.

So what I need to improve:
      :spade: pay more attention to opponent and his stats
      :spade: keep doing on HU game
      :spade: keep doing on bubble game
      :spade: improve post flop play:
      - think about opponent range
      - think about range that opponent will give me
      - be aware of effective stack size

If I will improve those things and keep up ones that I am good at, then drastic change should happen that month and give me some good ROI.

Here I will posting graph and places and also will keep you in touch with my grinding. Goal is to achieve 1500 games. It won`t hurt if I do more, but definitely no less.

I will also edit that post to get you informed how much games I played:
      - every :spade: is 5% of 1500 games which I will play that month
      - when I change :spade: into :heart: it means that I done 5% of 1500 games
      734/1500

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade:

Ok this will be that for now. Here are places and graph from August:

GL at tables!
  • 8 replies
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      gl in August!
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Keep up with the good work, step up the grind and great things will follow!
      Lets crush them all :)
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

Today session was better in terms of bubble, but I have a lot of 2nd places. Also it seems that I play just 49 games. Set to my TN SNG sensei to register on 25 games, but it seem that was something wrong in 2nd session. I have issues with my TN, it just frozen time to time and also clicking actions, that I order seconds ago. So basically can happen that I shove with 72o or fold AA. I write to support and they gave me some solution. It was little bit better, but those tings still happen. Will have to write to them again.

Here are graph and places from today grinding:

Also I will share with you what I will be doing in terms of learning. Tomorrow I will be doing on HU game:
      - review 1 HU hands in detail and send it to Pedja (45min)
      - break 15min
      - study HU game plan (30min)
      - break 15min
      - play 45min of $1.5 HU hypers

That would be all for now. Have a nice day and GL at tables!
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

Just quick update since I have to go to work soon. I say in previous post that I will be doing on HU today. I did and saw that I made some crazy staff yesterday. Some really bad moves. Also here is my learning session from HU:

Also grinding day was much better than yesterday, but I am not happy about it, because it should be better. Make some bad moves at the end. But at least ROI was some sort of what I expect at the end of the month.

Ok. What I will be doing tomorrow in term of learning? I will analyze one HU hand and one hand from 4-6 players in depth. I have some market hands from todays session, so I will look also for those. With some of them I have problem, because I didn`t know if I shove correct, or if I fold and should shove. Also some post flop plays that was hard and I mark them for later review.

It will look like that:
      - review of HU hand in depth 45min
      - break 15min
      - review of 4-6 players hand in depth 45min
      - break 15min
      - play $1,5 HU hyper for 30min

This will be it for now. Just graph and places from today grinding:

GL at tables!
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

I would update that challenge before, but I didn`t have time to do it. I make HU hand analyze and post it to the skype group that I am in. And also some other guy post it and interesting discussion happen. So I didn`t have time to analyze another hand 4-6 players. I will do it tomorrow, because today I have session with Pedja. Also I didn`t play HU hypers. But I manage to do another 50 games, so I keep my pace going.

Also I will have another on-call duty this Saturday, what will basicaly mean that I will work 19 days in row. I hope I will get good rest during the week, so it wouldn`t effect my game. Since I already sleep only 6-6,5 hours a day and those Saturdays are only days that I can sleep longer. If I would sleep longer during the week, I won`t have time to do all things that I need to do for poker. And also for now I am not much of a need for longer sleep. Anyway I can`t sleep longer. Maybe this is not so good or can even get me in troubles. :f_rolleyes:

Grinding was superb. From my point of view. I feel really good about my play. If I need to rate it it would be like 9/10 from what I am capable of at the moment. Made some mistakes, especially at the end of the session, but overal very happy

So here it is:

Also let share what I will be doing in my learning time:
      - look for hands that I mark yesterday and analyze them
      - break 15min
      - session with Pedja 60min
      - play $1,5 HU hypers for 30min (2 tabling)

GL at tables!
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

Today was interesting session. Run $60 under EV and manage to loose "only" $10. :f_p:

How it was on learning side? I take quick analyze for hands that I mark and then have coaching with Pedja, which last for about 1.5h or so, so I start to grind after it, because otherwise I won`t be able to do 50 games, unless if I add some tables to my multi tabling, which I am not prepare to do, because I feel really well playing 8 tables.

I have enough time to write some notes on opponents and also to take second for stats and to be aware of effective stack size. So adding tables is not in my priority now. Maybe later when I have more knowledge, so I will now much quicker what to do in some spots. For now I take too much time for some situations.

Also I am very happy that Pedja find my probably biggest leak so far. I need to do on that and I will in coming days, weeks. It will get me to next step. I have some of those problems in today session so I am looking forward for tomorrow work on that problem.

Here are graph and places from today session:

Also my girl just inform me that she got a free weekend, so we will go to Bosnia to visit my best friend - we also work together. We will stay there from Friday till Saturday (15th, 16th of August), because on Sunday I have session with assistant coach. He is also very nice guy and very good player so I am looking forward to this session.

But that also mean that I will need to step up grinding, to get those 2 days back. And I have also 19 games to bring in from grinding so far. That mean that total of 119 games I should bring in in last 22 grinding days. That`s why I will grind 60 games a day from now on. Will add 1h to grinding hour, so I will have total of 4h for grinding and 2.5h for learning every day.

What will be doing tomorrow:
      - go through all marked hands and make analyzes in HRC 45min
      - break 15min
      - make one in depth analyze for bubble hand from BTN and send it to Pedja and skype group 45min
      - break 15min
      - play $1.5 HU Hypers for 30 min (2 tabling)

GL at tables!
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Nice EV line, where do you go in Bosnia? Enjoy your trip. :)
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Nice EV line, where do you go in Bosnia? Enjoy your trip. :)
      Sorry for late respond. I am really busy lately and can`t find 5min for posting update.
      We meant to go to Cazin, but I forgot that I get only one day free, because of feast and is Thursday not Friday. So we decide that we won`t go just for one day. :f_frown:

Also I have tons of work to do this month to correct my game and also I have to grind to get those 1500 games. Will probably go for longer walk on Thursday if weather will be nice, so I get little bit more fresh air into my body.

What happen last days? I start to work on my bubble game. Have also very nice videos that Pedja sent to me, so I start to review them and also analyzing hands.

Grinding is not going the way that it should, because I don`t play 200 (180) games in last 4 days, but I will have 2 days off (Thursday and Saturday) so I will try to get some extra games. Like 100 games each day minimum, so I will have around 900 games after Sunday.

Here are graph and places for last 4 days:

GL at tables!