Cannot connect to postgreSQL database

• nmilan84
      nmilan84
      Silver
      As of yesterday I am unable to use my HM2, cause on start it pops up a message saying: "Cannot connect to postgreSQL database"??? Wizard cannot solve the problem, it instructs to solve the problem manually. Any suggestions???
  • 4 replies
    • Svinhugg
      Svinhugg
      Gold
      Has it stopped?

then click on the windows start-thing -> right click on "computer" -> click on "manage" -> Expand "Services and Applications -> roll down to "Postgresql something" -> rigth click and then click on "start"
    • nmilan84
      nmilan84
      Silver
      Originally posted by Svinhugg
      Has it stopped?

then click on the windows start-thing -> right click on "computer" -> click on "manage" -> Expand "Services and Applications -> roll down to "Postgresql something" -> rigth click and then click on "start"
      Wow, my brain works so poorly on Monday mornings! I went trough step by step troubleshoot from HM2 web site, but only changed it to "Automatic", without looking if it is started!!!!

Started it, works as usual.

Thanks
    • Svinhugg
      Svinhugg
      Gold
      Originally posted by nmilan84
      Has it stopped?

Wow, my brain works so poorly on Monday mornings! I went trough step by step troubleshoot from HM2 web site, but only changed it to "Automatic", without looking if it is started!!!!

Started it, works as usual.

Thanks
      Many people have helped me here in this community so I´m glad if I can help anyone.

Don´t know what it is with the database. On on of my computers I have to restart Potgresql every second day on the other I don´t think I ever have had to do it.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator

Many people have helped me here in this community so I´m glad if I can help anyone.

Don´t know what it is with the database. On on of my computers I have to restart PostgreSQL every second day on the other I don´t think I ever have had to do it.
      I'm going to assume that you have checked the services applet to ensure that it is set to automatic.

If so, check the event log (Event Viewer in control panel | administrative tools or type "eventvwr" in the run box) to see if you can spot any messages from it.

Also, you might want to fire off an email to hm2support@holdemmanager.com
      Those guys know postgreSQL backwards and forwards.

If *that* doesn't work, there are postgres forums also. PostgreSQL also keeps logs, but I could not find them -- perhaps you need to enable logging. There is documentation here:
      C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\PostgreSQL 8.4\Documentation
      (W7 -- and I presume W8 also. XP it is likely under the main program folder).

Best of luck,
      --VS