Ahh do I need a coach or what?

• Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Hi, I'm a loser on NL10 and NL20 using BSS and playing on SH and I'd like to fix it, as this is not supposed to happen on these limits. I think I dont have any major leak, I post hands, go to coachings, etc... When I play I use table selection and there's always atleast a donk on my table.

One thing i noticed is that I almost never pay attention to the showdown and how players play, I just look at their stats... I think this might be a reason of why I'm losing against donks, i just dont fold TPGK against them most times (like I did just now, lost to a straight of a donk :( ).

I just cant win on the long term, I'm actually giving money to the donks... What am I doing wrong ?( I just lost 9BIs on NL20 the last couple days, I'm desperate and losing all the confidence on my game... If this keeps going on I'm gonna have to go to to NL10 again, and I cant win there either... What should I do ?( ?(
  • 12 replies
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      9 BI is nothing.

you should start watching opponents when they are involved in big pots, look at what hands they went to SD with, take notes if necessary, and don't overvalue AF, WTSD, etc with only small sample sizes. i often see that a player is very loose passive postflop by watching them play some big pots, then i see that after 100 hands they're AF is 6 or something...
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      yea but its hard sibce i play 4 tables. I guess I'll just play 2 now
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      you say that you dont think that you have any major leaks but you then go on to say that you cant let go of TPGK and you end up losing to a straight.

Sometimes TPGK just isn't the nuts in SH, nor is TPTK. You have to consider the texture of the board and take this into consideration. Is it twotone, is it monotone, is it a rainbow board. Are they Flush draw possibilities, or gutshot posibilities, maybe oesd possibilities, has he overpairs. Sometimes if you think you're beat sometimes its better to get out while the going is good and save some of those $'s. I've layed down trip A's before now when i realised that there was a good chance that the villian had completed his flush on the turn and it was a good laydown.

Maybe you could go over your hands where you've lost the most money and try to evaluate if there is a common occurance as to why youre losing money, and if you're not sure about the way it was played then just post it up on the forums.

Hope this helps a bit.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      Definitely play less tables, and take lots of notes. Stats can be misleading, specially if they are basic Elephant stats.
      TPTK isnt the nuts. I think you must study your opponents when you play SH since theres so few of them. They probably are studying and taking notes on you.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      that was against a donk, I do have problem letting hands go against donks, but if I observate how they play I think I'll fix it.

Thanks for the advices, I'm just playing 2 tables now and taking notes. hope it gets better :)
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      that was against a donk, I do have problem letting hands go against donks, but if I observate how they play I think I'll fix it.

Thanks for the advices, I'm just playing 2 tables now and taking notes. hope it gets better :)
      It has to get better if you do that! GL
    • cunhaTW
      cunhaTW
      Bronze
      I think the bigger the level the better players you are going to find. So if you can't beat NL10 why do you thing it should be easier in the NL20. One other thing is that some people tell me that they can't in these limits because there is a lot of donkeys and they loose their money to them. My question is if you can't make money against bad players why the hell do you think you will win againts good ones.
      The best move i learn, to starting making money in poker, was folding. If you loose money with TPTK and TPGK start folding those hands when you find resistence.
      In these levels stats mean nothing. So take some time to take notes after tou play. I use PT2 to do my player notes and then exporting to party poker. This is because i play 8 tables and can't take notes on the fly.
      Not been able to fold TPTK is a donk move, so try to improve that on your game.

Good games
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      ahh lost 1 more BI...
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      I play 4 tables too.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      ok i could be breakeven today... its a miracle...

i think variance is still against me though, draws just dont complete and opponent's draws seem to always complete
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      12BIs down now on 2 weeks... I think ill just quit poker, bye -.-
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      *wave*
      bye