A-Fishes

• Kokuruz
      Kokuruz
      Bronze
      Hello guys its me again and I have some questions again! :f_biggrin:

I think you guys should get used to me making threads quite often, well better to ask and get tips then to just stay on the same level that you are I guess.

So to my question today (for 6-max):

I wan't to talk about Aggro fishy players.
      Let's say that a fish limps in early position (well I guess it doesn't really matter what position) or that I have position on him. For this case I will come up with a random hand that I never played (I think :f_biggrin: ) ,and we both have 100BB stacks:
      Q1: What does his limping range consist of?
      My thinking is like some small SC like 76s maybe some small pairs and hands like Q9o,K9o,small Ax hands maybe even like T9o.

Lets say that Hero has A :heart: Q :club: and he decides to raise to 3BB ($0.06) and the A-FISH calls.

The flop ($0.15):
      A :club: K :diamond: 6 :club:

He checks and Hero Cbets ($0.10), and he reraises ($0.25), Hero calls ($0.15)

Turn ($0.65):
      7 :diamond:

He bets ($0.40), Hero calls ($0.40)

River ($1.45):
      6 :diamond:

He showes AI ($1.29), Hero :f_confused:

Q2: Does an aggro fish lead the turn and then showes the river with 2 clubs?
      Q3: Could he be playing like that with like KT, KJ, QJ,.. other broadways?
      Q4: What would you guys determine his river range as (how much is it value range and how much would you say is air)?
      Q5: Should Hero call?
  • 2 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      fishes are different between themselves as well. anyway just on the assumption of "aggrofish" i'd assume he can x/r clubs diamonds and gutters like QJ QT
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, Kokuruz,
      The standard way to handle a particular player type is to do the opposite.

To see what I mean have a look at the article, The Five Player Types

From the article:
      Against LAGs, you should:

Play a tighter preflop game than against TAGs.
      Steal the blinds less often when a LAG is left to act.
      Avoid giving up too easily post-flop, especially on the flop. When you have to make a tough decision, you should often lean towards calling rather than folding, as the LAGs range is often weaker than yours.

Don't get involved in pointless rivalries. On average, you will come out with the stronger hand more often and your profits will come on their own if you keep up a solid game.
      In this particular hand, with no reads whatsoever other than that he is plays a lot of hands aggressively, I might call a smaller bet, but I think I'm folding here.

Raising on a paired board is often just a scare tactic, but he is risking his stack here, so I think that its safe to assume he can beat a pair of Aces.

Best of luck,
      --VS