Joining 888?

• Jojo56789
      Jojo56789
      Bronze
      Hi!

I was thinking about joining 888. I saw the 88$ bonus, but as far as I know you don't really start with 88$ but 2$ and a tournament ticket? Am I correct?

I also saw they are offering 10$ for free if you deposit 30$ or more with some bonus code on their site. Am I recieving that if I sign by pokerstrategy and if someone knows how much rake I have to contribute to be able to withdraw that 10$ bonus.

I've heard the competition is pretty bad there, but so is their support and their VIP program. Is that keeping the good players away? They are the runner up in traffic as far as I know, with PS in the first place, or am I getting the wrong info?

I was thinking about building my roll from scratch there and since I'm starting from the bottom on micro stakes the rake isn't much worse than on any other sites. Their bad VIP program won't be much of a issue I guess, since I don't contribute enough rake to get any good rakeback deals anywhere else.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong :)

Any help is appreciated :)
  • 3 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by Jojo56789
      Hi!

I was thinking about joining 888. I saw the 88$ bonus, but as far as I know you don't really start with 88$ but 2$ and a tournament ticket? Am I correct?

I also saw they are offering 10$ for free if you deposit 30$ or more with some bonus code on their site. Am I recieving that if I sign by pokerstrategy and if someone knows how much rake I have to contribute to be able to withdraw that 10$ bonus.

I've heard the competition is pretty bad there, but so is their support and their VIP program. Is that keeping the good players away? They are the runner up in traffic as far as I know, with PS in the first place, or am I getting the wrong info?

I was thinking about building my roll from scratch there and since I'm starting from the bottom on micro stakes the rake isn't much worse than on any other sites. Their bad VIP program won't be much of a issue I guess, since I don't contribute enough rake to get any good rakeback deals anywhere else.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong :)

Any help is appreciated :)
      Hi, Jojo56789,
      For questions about bonus requirements and so on, it is always best to get the information directly from the source. For questions regarding PokerStrategy.com points and bonuses, I suggest creating a customer support ticket (go to bottom of that page) and give them all the details you can.

For questions regarding 888 requirements and benefits, it is best to contact their support directly -- sorry, I don't play there so I'm not certain of the correct address.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      Hey I used to play at 888 poker so I can help you out with some of your questions.

When I first joined, I got $8.00 for free and I didn't even have to deposit any money. I also got some tournament tickets to big volume games which was icing on the cake for me at the time.

I don't recall correctly, but when I deposited money for the first time on that site, I did receive "free money", but I had to contribute rake in order to receive it and at the same time I was still receiving the same points on top of that.

Competition is bad indeed, but the currency exchange will kill you. The currency exchange wasn't even correct when I wanted to withdraw my money from USD to CAD. So on top of that and higher rake paid, I felt I was paying more at that site when I could be paying less at another one.

But if you're looking to build a roll there then I'd say tournaments are the way to go like those cam tournaments, and micro tournaments because they are so profitable if you have experience in SNGs.

I made like 400USD just from playing tournaments, so the site is good short term, but long term I would stick to another site.
    • Jojo56789
      Jojo56789
      Bronze
      I was thinking about Hyper Husngs. There are raked 6.6% which is about 0.6% worst than ipoker. Do you have any experiences with them?

And yea, I've heard there is pretty bad exchanging to CAD. I will see how it is with € :D .

Thanks for your reply