Harrington tournament zones

• rawMASS
      rawMASS
      Bronze
      A question conserning Harrington on Holdem Vol 2. Can't find the English version. In Russian version there was like HUGE translation mistake in vol 1. Perhaps here is the same problem that's why I'a asking the question here.

Orange Zone not to play small pairs (66-22) and suited connectors - but here Harrington doesn't indicate which ones - 65s-23s or 109s-23s ? what about pictures like KQs-QJs?

About the Red Zone

Small pairs (66-22) get valuable again together with the suited connectors - again the same question all the suited connectors even the lowest 65s-23s?

Thatks for the answers
  • 3 replies
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      I haven't read the book, but when people talk about suited connectors, they typically mean 65s (possibly 54s) and up. Lower cards don't have as many outs for straights, and even if they hit a pair, they still have very little showdown value.
    • rawMASS
      rawMASS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Harrier88
      I haven't read the book, but when people talk about suited connectors, they typically mean 65s (possibly 54s) and up. Lower cards don't have as many outs for straights, and even if they hit a pair, they still have very little showdown value.
      THat means folding with AKs?... What about pictures? like KQs-QJs?
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Well, AK is obviously playable, no matter what you call that hand.

High suited connectors like KQs or QJs have the same problem as 43s and 32s when it comes to lost outs for a straight, but they generally do have some showdown value when they hit a pair, so they should be considered playable in these situations.

So I guess a more accurate definition of suited connectors in this case would be 54s to JTs.