This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Odds Odds Odds.

• KimTheMan
      KimTheMan
      Bronze
      Odds Odds Odds.

I'm having a lot of trouble to intergrate numbers and odds into my decision making at the tables.

I can take a step back and analyze what's happend in a hand. I can decide what to do based on villain's stats and previous encounters with villian.

E.G. Villain is 37/5 and folds 87% to C-bet on flop.
      Sure, I can manage.

But it's limited. I'm not looking for an extensive guide on how to configure your HEM2.

But I can't say, well clearly my fold equity is ... here, and I have to do this or that based on that.

I've read articles and discussed hands on the forum. I've shared my handhistory with poker players whom I consider capable of giving well-founded feedback. I'm not considering to hire a pro to sit down with me since this would be too big an investment. I'm however searching for a way too learn where to begin using numbers more and more to justify my decisions.

What would u guys reckon is a good way/place to go from here?

How did you test yourself after making a decision. Regardless of outcome?

Did you have any tricks or help to make it easier for yourself to use numbers and odds during a hand(s)?

Looking forward to your suggestions.
  • 2 replies
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      There are tricks to memorize these stuff, but you gotta practice it until you know it by heart so you don't spend time and energy calculating stuff in live-session.

Here is something useful:

The right table is more important imo, you memorize it and u know what odds you get when you face a bet, i.e;

Pot is 20bb, villain bets 15bb, you need your hand to be ahead more than 30% of the time.
      Pot is 20bb, villain bets 20bb's, you need 33% equity or more.

Pot is 1$, villain bets 0.33$, u need 20%+

Note: it does not include implied odds
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Cool charts, SneakyhanD -- Thanks!

There are no implied odds on the river, unless you plan to raise, so that makes sense in a way.

For flop and turn odds when drawing to straights or flushes, see the article "Odds and Outs".

There is a "Poker Odds Chart" in there that is worth printing and keeping ready to hand along with SneakyhandD's charts.

Best of luck,
      --VS