MP3: $2.22 - 111 bb
      CO: $2.00 - 100 bb
      BU: $2.54 - 127 bb
      SB: $2.01 - 101 bb
      BB: $2.75 - 138 bb

0.01/0.02 No Limit Hold'em (6 Handed)
      Hand recorder for this hand: PokerStrategy.com SideKick 2.1.10804.1

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:heart: , K:club:
      SB posts small blind ($0.01), BB posts big blind ($0.02), MP2 raises for $0.05, 2 folds, Hero 3-bets $0.18, 2 folds, MP2 calls

Flop: ($0.39 - 19.50 bb) J:club: , 9:club: , 6:spade: (2 Players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.22, MP2 calls

Turn: ($0.83 - 41.50 bb) 3:heart: (2 Players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.48, MP2 raises for $0.96, Hero calls

River: ($2.75 - 137.50 bb) 5:diamond: (2 Players)
      MP2 bets $0.68 and is all in, Hero calls

After the min raise on the turn you have a bad feeling he hit a set but he could have a flush draw and since it is a min-raise I have to call right? Then on the river the odds are too good not to call even though you know most times you are beat.
      Can I play this any better? Maybe bet a bit less on the turn?

Thanks

He had pocket 9's

Edit: Just realised I should be posting in the hand evaluations section. Sorry I will do that from now on.
  • 4 replies
    • joey1toe
      joey1toe
      Bronze
      Well what other info do you have on MP2 ? if he's a tight/rock/nit it's pretty obvious he has a set, if not you could argue that he may be on a draw until the turn when he raises you, that just seems weird and someone who's drawing will call, think about it why is he raising there? river is standard...

Here's one advice that I should follow myself as well: Don't fall in love with your hand!
    • MickyCee93
      MickyCee93
      Basic
      Originally posted by joey1toe
      Well what other info do you have on MP2 ? if he's a tight/rock/nit it's pretty obvious he has a set, if not you could argue that he may be on a draw until the turn when he raises you, that just seems weird and someone who's drawing will call, think about it why is he raising there? river is standard...

Here's one advice that I should follow myself as well: Don't fall in love with your hand!
      It was at the Zoom tables so I don't have much info on him. Currently I am not using a HUD either. Yeah I guess your right. He is only raising to get all in on the river and since I didn't have any info on him being a weaker player I should of folded.

I guess at the time I was just thinking he has a flush draw or a straight draw and the chances of him hitting a set are very low.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      turn minraise usually means that someone has what they perceive to be a pretty nutted hand. :f_biggrin:
      both regs and fishes do this garbage but don't level yourself, it's not draws, it's not a cheap bluff and they aren't overplaying anything, not even fishes do it with tptk... more common for them is to minraise flop with that. :f_biggrin:

definitely wouldn't bet smaller, but just bet/fold the turn.
    • MickyCee93
      MickyCee93
      Basic
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      turn minraise usually means that someone has what they perceive to be a pretty nutted hand. :f_biggrin:
      both regs and fishes do this garbage but don't level yourself, it's not draws, it's not a cheap bluff and they aren't overplaying anything, not even fishes do it with tptk... more common for them is to minraise flop with that. :f_biggrin:

definitely wouldn't bet smaller, but just bet/fold the turn.