is SNE worth a try?

• opal99
      opal99
      Black
      I'm wrong maybe, but I think PokerStars recently changed the way Supernova Elite members are rewarded.

You need 1,000,000 VPPs in calendar year to get it - it's the same. But now, you need "only" 50,000 VPP per month to keep that status next year for 6 months (untill the end of June). If you don't have 1,000,000 VPP on the 1st of July, you're downgraded to Supernova. All I said was "wtf?!" when I saw that... In fact, that means you must earn 1 mil in first year and then 1 mil in 6 months to keep it => double up the volume you are used to play :rolleyes:
      If I remember correctly it was 1mil in 1 year and then 100k every month to keep it (=> 20% increase in volume)...

And the other thing:

If you're SN, you're eligible to recieve milestones bonuses you won't get as SNE (special bonuses for 200k - 800k VPP worth $28k together). So in fact, if you can do 800k VPP in calendar year, they are worth $68,000 (after reducing the costs of these bonuses = net value), what is the same as 5.31 multiplier between VPP and FPP (you have only 5.00 as SNE).
      Yes, there're some milestones for SNE too, but they require to play almost 2x as much as for all SN milestones, so what I was trying to say is that:

If someone need to play A LOT of hands to get to SNE (ending year with 1,000,000 - 1,010,000 VPP), he's in fact loosing part of the rakeback as he's giving up the best of SN milestones next year and he will drop back to SN on 01/07 either :rolleyes:

So, it's not balanced at least...

Did I miss something important here? Thanks for any feedback :)

btw: I'm not SNE and not even SN yet, but if I reach 5/10 by the end of this year, I'm going for 800k VPP in 2009 (59k hands per month) - that's why I came up with this
  • 4 replies
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      When you reach SNE you can play in 2 huge live tourneys, or play 1 and take $10k, which adds like $25k+ to your RB.
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Even if you are SNE, the VPPs clear out at the start of the new year and you get all of the milestone bonuses from the 200k VPPs 2000$ on ;) These bonuses are not attached to a status, they are attached to how much VPPs you earned in a year.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by Dippy19
      Even if you are SNE, the VPPs clear out at the start of the new year and you get all of the milestone bonuses from the 200k VPPs 2000$ on ;) These bonuses are not attached to a status, they are attached to how much VPPs you earned in a year.
      Are you sure? because they're mentioned only as Supernova bonuses and there are different milestones for SNE... it's what is said on their page..
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Pretty sure. Yeah, you are right they are partly determent by status, you have to be either SN or SNE, but other than that only points matter.