AJo BTN, 10 left, 18BB, micro stake, FR

• Jaquare
      Jaquare
      Basic
      Dear all,

I wonder how you will have play this hand. We are 10 left out of 820 player in a 2 euros MTT. I am 5th in chips with 18 BB, there is a raise OF 2.2x from the cut-off (We are the two most active players at the table) and I have AJo on the button (He s got around 16 BB).
      The 3 other players on my left are super tight and certainly waiting for the final table.
      Here is my question: Should I shove with AJo here? Just call? or simply fold and wait for another sport?( knowing that we are both active at this table)

(I decided to shove, knowing that he was pretty active at the table, unfortunately he had QQ).

Sorry for my hand posting, I will try to learn how to post it correctly but I am new for this thing and I don t have any tracker to help to post my hand.

Regards,

Jaquare
  • 2 replies
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Hey Jaquare

and welcome to the tournament strategy forum =)

First of all I would like to show you, where you can find further information on how to post your hands properly: How to use the hand evaluation forum

Please try to adjust your future posts accordingly and post them in the hand evaluation forums. That way you will get the maximum out of your posts and people are more likely to comment on your hand.

Regarding the hand you posted:
      You basically have two options. You can push or you can fold. A call wouldn't be a good play in most circumstances because of the small stack sizes. Personally I would always shove AJo in that situation, knowing that my opponent will have to fold the majority of his hands, while I still have a decent equity against the ones he calls.

The fact that you lost shouldn't influence your view on the situation. On average this is a spot where you will earn quite a lot of chips by pushing your hand.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • Jaquare
      Jaquare
      Basic
      First, thanks for the link on how to post my hand.
      Second, thanks for the insight. Yeah, i know result shouldn't matter and I am happy that it seems I made the right decision on this spot.

Regards,

Jaquare