10 NL 6 Max Zoom Downswing of Death

• kingreigns

This is the last 30,000 hands ive played.lots of coolers mixed with tilted play.
      Can't seem to get out of it,Gauranteed the worst boards everytime when i have 2 pair plus.

Anyone had a bad one like this?
  • 8 replies
    • gavinonymous
      that's about the same as being even with the rake at NL10 isn't it? about -8bb/100?

I've had several like this where you can't win a flip, you get cooled, or someone is sucking out way too often for days. also the number of bizarre set ups and runner runners increase. people flopping quads on you and check calling when you have AA etc.. enough to tilt almost anyone.

I've had 22BI downswings in cash, and more, you just have to stop, move down or risk going broke. I also had multiple 100BI downswings in SNG's and those are tough to manage. That's about a month or so of downswing :(
    • DonkeyDirk
      I got a 14BI downswing on stars on 10nl zoom once. Its pretty rough but the best advice is taking a break for a week or so. And if you dont have the bankroll to keep playing on 10nl move down untill you got your convidence back :)

Best of luck in the future :)
    • maythany
      after seeing this graph, I honestly don't feel bad at all that I lost 4.5 buy-ins today.

Yeah man, I got it in kk VS AA so many times today, two pair vs sets and when I got it all in as favourite they flop the ace and win.

It;s all part of the game though, and although my lost is not as significant as yours, I feel your frustration.
    • VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      A while back, I whined in my blog about not getting good hands, or people getting better ones etc, etc.

The advice I was given was "Nit it up" -- in other words, play tighter for a while.

So I did, with fairly decent success.

Why not give it a try?

• kingreigns
      i might try and NIT it up for awhile so,this swing has happened since i last took a shot at 25NL.the 25NL shot is not not included in the graph.i still have enough to play 10NL but it is starting to get dangerous in terms of having to drop down to 5NL.

Lets hope reverting to a NIT for awhile will help :f_biggrin:

Thanks for the replies guys
    • gadget51
      No need to 'nit it up' although it won't harm, just go back to the fundamentals like hand strength and position, that sort of thing. Don't get tricky or bluffy and don't play fancy poker, just value bet them to death.
      I'm not saying 'don't bluff at micros, you can't' because that's rubbish, you can; what I'm saying is, put the tricks away for a while, even cut down the tables as well.

Best regards,

Hi kingreigns,

Thanks for your post,

20ish bi's swings are definitely very possible in zoom games, however, the problem is (which you admired in your op) that some of these losses are caused by your tilt- that changes the story a lot; you should work on your mental game and try to play your A game as often as possible because believe you want to be on your highest level when heater arrives :) . I'd recommend you to work on your mental game a lot- it's one of the key factors in becoming a successful poker player.

Kind regards,
    • Tichwich85
      Agree with frankie,

i lost 4-5BI due to variance, misclick etc in a session, followed by another 3-4BI due to tilt, resulting in loosing double the amount i shouldve lost...

Dont worry, its a learning process in a lot of ways :)