$1.90
      MP1:
      $12.38
      CO:
      $2.45
      Hero:
      $10.00

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:heart: , J:club:
      UTG1 calls $0.10, UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, 2 folds, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.70, SB raises to $1.90 (All-In), 4 folds, Hero calls $1.20.

Flop: ($4.20) 7:heart: , 4:diamond: , Q:spade:
      Turn: ($4.20) 7:spade:
      River: ($4.20) 4:heart: (1 players)

Final Pot: $4.20

Is it ok to call even though I know I'm prob behind? (pot odds)
  • 11 replies
    • armo
      armo
      Bronze
      You have to call $1.2 for $3 pot so that means you need 40% equity

Vs QQ+/AKs you have about 25% equity so thats clear fold
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      i think he is doing lighter then qq+/ak but i dont play any sss.
      anyway i am not folding here jj against a ss
      nh imo
      gl
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by armo
      You have to call $1.2 for $3 pot so that means you need 40% equity

Vs QQ+/AKs you have about 25% equity so thats clear fold
      Don't I pay $1.20 to win $4.20? Thats like 29%
      ty
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      mistake
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Originally posted by srohack
      you are calling $1.2 in a $4.2 so you are geting 4.2/1.2 = 3.5/1 pot odds .
      in order to make this call breakeven you need to win it 100/(3.5+1)=22.2% of the times
      Lol guys you all are wrong, pot odds are 3/1.2. You need 30% here, but I think you have them. I hope hand judge just missread tge previous post :-)
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      sory guys i misscalculated pot . i just wanted to show you a way to do the calculation cuz i seen it was a mistake but unfortunately i made a mistake myself didnt paying attention. this is what wanted to write:

you are calling $1.2 in a $3pot so you are geting 3/1.2 = 2.5/1 pot odds .
      in order to make this call breakeven you need to win it 100/(2.5+1)=28.5% of the times
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      A proper SSS player won't shove anything worse than the other two jacks here (JJ+, AK). I think youre always down to 2 outs unless he has AK in which case you have a coinflip. I always fold JJ there. But if Im playing SSS on your table youre welcome to call me with JJ everytime I shove, big profit :P

However you can I guess call him down the first time, because not all shorties play real SSS of course..
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fongie
      A proper SSS player won't shove anything worse than the other two jacks here (JJ+, AK). I think youre always down to 2 outs unless he has AK in which case you have a coinflip. I always fold JJ there. But if Im playing SSS on your table youre welcome to call me with JJ everytime I shove, big profit :P

However you can I guess call him down the first time, because not all shorties play real SSS of course..
      Im pretty sure he is playing SSS and his range has me beat but can I call those odds?
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood

Im pretty sure he is playing SSS and his range has me beat but can I call those odds?
      Yes! Use the equilator, you have 36% even vs QQ+, AK. But his EV in this situation is much higher than yours :-)
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Solomaextra
      Originally posted by TheBrood

Yes! Use the equilator, you have 36% even vs QQ+, AK. But his EV in this situation is much higher than yours :-)
      Wow I had no idea I was 36% chance to win against QQ+,AK. I thought it was about 20%
      This is good news! Thanks!
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze

+1

I have seen many SSSers suck at SSS and playing outside what they should so you could be flipping with hands like AK, KJ+, way behind QQ+ or way ahead against smaller PP's.
      Real SSS player would be shoving with AK and JJ's+.
      Bad SSSer players you would be flipping or way ahead.