My road to high stakes!

• gr8rob86
      gr8rob86
      Bronze
      Hello everyone. I have been playing poker for ages, but it was only as a hobby, quite recently started to take it seriously. So far was playing only MTTs, but now decided to grind my way up in 6max cash games since there in my opinion anyone can learn a lot faster since you can get a lot more action and more difficult spots. Also I'm having lessons from poker coach, as well as some extra learning from books wich have helped me quite a lot. Started playing 6max cash games about a year ago, but without any coaching so progress was as slow as slime :D , but now I'm on the verge of climbing from NL10 to NL25, and am really excited about it :) Will keep you all up to date about my progress and daily thoughts on subject. Good luck at tables and I hope you will enjoy my blog.

P.S. If anyone has some advice I'll be happy to hear you out.
  • 14 replies
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Hi Rob,

Thanks for a nice intro,

Let's climb these stakes! :) I'm in.

Keep us updated,
      Fran
    • gr8rob86
      gr8rob86
      Bronze
      Yeah, though today went terrible because I finished -53eur, but I'm happy about the way I played, made a few mistakes, but I wrote them down so I can reread them before future sessions, also had quite a bad run of luck today, got beaten a lot of times where I was ahead in big pots 150bb+ and few coolers in some small pots vs fishes, although I know that all of those moves were +EV in the long run so no big deal.

P.S. I'm playing eur tables, and also here is link to my LIVE broadcasts wich I'm doing if anyone is interested and would like to watch my stream :)
      http://goodgame.ru/channel/topdeew/
    • gr8rob86
      gr8rob86
      Bronze
      Today decided to switch from BSS to MSS since on site I'm playing MSS tables average PFR aggression is 30%+ :f_love: and seem like it was grate idea since finished day +101eur playing NL25 :s_biggrin: . It was almost too easy :f_cool: .
      Will post my graphs so everyone especially me myself can track my progress as soon as I get my HM running, just need to get converter, so I can start playing with HM and surely it will increase my winnings even more and help me climb limits even faster as well as correct my mistakes, by doing some hand reviews.
      Had problems with my stream so couldn't do any live broadcast today and it was a bit of a pain in the a** since lost about 2hours trying to fix it without any results :(
      Also I'm planning to start exercising my self from next week since I have lost quite a lot of muscle by siting at my laptop everyday all day long :D
    • gr8rob86
      gr8rob86
      Bronze
      Couldn't resist myself and grinded few more hours and finished day +156eur :D
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by gr8rob86
      Couldn't resist myself and grinded few more hours and finished day +156eur :D
      New crusher in da house. :s_cool:
    • gr8rob86
      gr8rob86
      Bronze
      TY Frankie, sorry for being inactive last few days.
      Have been grinding a lot , but keep getting bad-beats and coolers all over the place, all though my EV is all right, but net just keeps going down.
      Am quite happy with how I handl;e this downswing comparing to other times.
      Also got my hands on converter so soon enough gonna post some graphs :)
    • gr8rob86
      gr8rob86
      Bronze
      P.S. Fixed probolems with broadcats, so if anyone want's to see some action go to link above
    • gr8rob86
      gr8rob86
      Bronze
      Hi everyone, EV is starting to give back all m badbeats, last few days have been awesome, have grinded quite a lot of hands and results are good also, gonna tr to figure out how to post my graphs and will post them here :)

Also am getting used to short stack tables and 5max format, field is like awesomely weak so I thnk I'm gonna stick to MSS play :)

Started adding some NL50 table since results on NL25 are good EV vise about 7bb/100 in last 25k hands, so with some table selecting should do fine there :)

Yesterday got quite upset a few times and now my hand hurts, so need ome extra work on my mental game, during sessions am listening to The Mental Game of Poker, so within few days should be doing just fine.

Yeah my results for this month so far- 26k hands mainly NL25 NET: +282eur, EV +145eur
    • klofutaric
      klofutaric
      Bronze
      Keep up good work, sorry what is MSS stand for. Never mind find it. Midstack strategy

By
    • gr8rob86
      gr8rob86
      Bronze
      Hi, havn't been writing anything lately, but am back and gonna keep you all updated.
      Last year went from -2bb/100 at NL10 to +2.5bb/100 at NL25.
      My poker goals for this year are as follows:
      1. Start playing NL50 till end of februarry
      2. Start playing NL100 till mid-May
      3. Read 7 pokerbooks
      4. Play 100k+ hands every month
      5. Take private lessons weekly
      6. Play SM 5 times during this year
      7. Make 30k $ this year
    • gr8rob86
      gr8rob86
      Bronze
      Small update on my progress:
      Yesterday had rather short session since I was running really good and finished day +141eur EV +126eur through 1.6k hands
      Today spent 6h 12tabling and finished day +45eur EV +38eur and played 5k hands
      Gonna have my coaching this monday and every monday this year I hope :)
      Soon ganna give my 5th try going up to NL50
    • gr8rob86
      gr8rob86
      Bronze
      So today played 4.5k hands finished Net -1eur EV+36.
      Made some mistakes, but recently I feel that I'm doing a lot better at tables, feeling more comfortable playing 12table simultaneously.
      Gonna do my best to keep my results as good as they are this week, so I can move up to NL50 sooner, so far EV +8bb/100 so fingers crossed, and full speed ahead :)

P.S. By the way could someone recomend me MSS 6max coach?
    • gr8rob86
      gr8rob86
      Bronze
      How I spent my day working:
      1. Had coaching session 1.5h
      2. Did some reading on poker maths
      3. Played 4.1k hands Net -44eur Ev -11eur

Tommorow gonna try puting some graphs up for all of you ;)
    • gr8rob86
      gr8rob86
      Bronze
      Hi every1!
      Nothing much to tell you all, allthough have been grinding quite a lot last couple days.
      Results are as follows: 6-7.january 9.5k hands net -171 ev -25
      Today made some good laydowns, but close to end of my session made quite big error, respectivelly called 6bet-push 170bb with AKo @MPvsBU BU was rather tight reg, he squezed, I 5bet his squeze to check if he had me beat, but dunno why called his push :(
      Gonna try to avoid making these kind of errors in future, but hey every experiance is good experiance, so gonna keep grinding and hopefully starting next week gonna be able to go up to NL50 and stay there...
      I'm too tired to figure out how to put my graph for you, but I can tell u all that last 65k hands have been my worse downstreak ever, EV and Net difference is about 23staks, and I'm playing MSS...