Issues installing 888 software

• JazBenz
      JazBenz
      Silver
      Hi, I just wanted to check out 888 poker and used PS's download link to be tracked etc. After installation I get the following message:

The software you are currently using is out-of-date and no longer available. Please download the new software from http://www.888poker.com and enjoy all of its new features.

Connection Error: Unable to connect. please try again in a few moments

Is the problem just the promotional link? I don't wanna use the link from the normal site now and miss out on being tracked and the potential welcome stuff. Anyone else have this problem?
  • 15 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, JazBenz...
      I've alerted the ninjas to check this -- hopefully they'll reply shortly.

In the meantime, check that you are running as an admin.

You might also check that your security settings allow you to download executables.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • JazBenz
      JazBenz
      Silver
      No change so far :( Just tried to download it again via the PS link.

This URL pops up during installation:

http://cashier.pacificpoker.com/affiliatenetworks.asp?Serial=1101257&Cid=&BrandId=1&platform=CLIENT&Event=3

But it leads to a blank white page for me. It contains affiliatenetworks in the URL, so I think that has to do with PS?

Anywho, gonna keep grinding at partypoker until I can finally sign up via PS. I haven't even registered a 888 account yet, wanna do this proper :P

I can download and install other programs without any issues, so that is probably not the problem. Also ran it as admit again, no luck.

As soon as the installation is about to complete I get the connection error.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hmmmm...
      Perhaps the problem is with the link.
      I suggest creating a customer support ticket (go to bottom of that page) and give them all the details you can.

If the problem is on the PokerStrategy.com end, they'll be able to fix it.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • JazBenz
      JazBenz
      Silver
      Thanks, just sent my ticket in, will keep posting here about the issue/solution.
    • CptCap
      CptCap
      Bronze
      Hey man,

Could you provide us with an update?

I have the exact same problem and cant seem to get it working.
      Tried to reinstall it multiple times, switched of firewall, tried different ways.. but nope.

Thanks
    • JazBenz
      JazBenz
      Silver
      Yes, I received a reply from 888poker's customer support and they provided me with another download link to install the software. That worked perfectly fine and there was no need to even turn off any other programs that could possibly interfere. However, now if I continue to register through that software, I am not sure if I will still be linked to Pokerstrategy. I just hope that once I have picked a username and register that username on Pokerstrategy, that I will be tracked. 888poker's CS told me that in order to be tracked by PS:

"In regards to registration, please note that in order to be linked to pokerstrategy, you must register directly through them."

So I hope that means I simply register through the now working software and then provide my username to PS in the given field on the bonus instructions page of 888.

Would be nice to get this confirmed :)

p.s. I am not a man :P
    • wealthybrainer
      wealthybrainer
      Bronze
      My advice DON'T PLAY 888 poker. They blocked my account with 1415$ for "security reasons" and they answered I can say bye bye to my money
    • JazBenz
      JazBenz
      Silver
      Originally posted by wealthybrainer
      My advice DON'T PLAY 888 poker. They blocked my account with 1415$ for "security reasons" and they answered I can say bye bye to my money
      There certainly must be more to the story?
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by JazBenz
      Yes, I received a reply from 888poker's customer support and they provided me with another download link to install the software. That worked perfectly fine and there was no need to even turn off any other programs that could possibly interfere. However, now if I continue to register through that software, I am not sure if I will still be linked to Pokerstrategy. I just hope that once I have picked a username and register that username on Pokerstrategy, that I will be tracked. 888poker's CS told me that in order to be tracked by PS:

"In regards to registration, please note that in order to be linked to pokerstrategy, you must register directly through them."

So I hope that means I simply register through the now working software and then provide my username to PS in the given field on the bonus instructions page of 888.

Would be nice to get this confirmed :)

p.s. I am not a man :P
      Hey JayBenz,

I'm not sure either. I would suggest to be on the safe side that you open a ticket with our customer support team. Just go right to the bottom of the page and click 'Open a new ticket'.

Regards

Laz
    • JazBenz
      JazBenz
      Silver
      Yes, I already have an active ticket with PS regarding this issue anyway. I asked them about it now.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by JazBenz
      Yes, I already have an active ticket with PS regarding this issue anyway. I asked them about it now.
      :f_cool: Keep us updated.
    • odacha
      odacha
      Bronze
      Could you please provide me with this download link? :)
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by odacha
      Hey odacha,

Can you also open a ticket with our customer support. I'm not sure that the download link is working.

Regards

Laz
    • JazBenz
      JazBenz
      Silver
      Originally posted by odacha
      I will not register with their link just yet because I first want to know if they will track me on pokerstrategy. Basically both customer support teams have been sending me back and forth to one another lol... so we'll see how 888poker will respond to the questions PS CS team had for them.
    • JazBenz
      JazBenz
      Silver
      Their last reply:

Thank you for contacting us. My name is Luiza, Member Support Representative and I will be assisting you today.

Jasmin, regarding your query, please allow me to inform you that we cannot provide you a link to download the 888poker software that will link you with Pokerstrategy.

Kindly note that in order to track you with Pokerstrategy, it is needed that you download our software through http://www.PokerStrategy.com, meaning that you have to use the download link provided on their website. Please take into account that if you do not use the link provided on their website, once you have completed the registration with us, a tracking with Pokerstrategy will not be posible anymore.

As you have not completed the registration form, all you have to do is to download our software through http://www.PokerStrategy.com and in this way you will be linked to Pokerstrategy.

I trust that this information was helpful and if there is anything else that we can do for you then please contact us anytime and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Kind regards,

Luiza M.
      Member Support Representative
      http://www.888.com

So I guess 888poker is then not happening for me, too bad.