micro stakes HU hyperinos and beyond

• huberts2
      huberts2
      Bronze
      Hi all

I have been lurking around the poker forums for a couple years now but I have never participated in posting myself. I ussualy like doing everything on my own, but after struggling with poker and not being able to make any money, no matter how many videos I watch or strategy articles I read, I decided to make a blog.

poker and me.

My name is Edijs. I am 23 years old and I am from Latvia.
      I started playing poker in 2011 I think, with free $50 bankroll from pokerstrategy. Needless to say I lost it all and then some :f_biggrin: .
      Later on I deposited 100$ on pokerstars and started playing 45man sit n go`s. I started out at 1.50$ and on big heater, I was alomst ready to take shots at 7$ but then when I hit the downswing, I lost it all :f_biggrin: .
      That was the first and a last time I posted on any forum since, where I was whinning about 100buy in downswing :D . Anyway, a couple months later I stared playing cash games with like 40$ I think at 2NL and got up to 10NL where the same thing happened as before and I just didnt wanted to move back to 2NL so I lost my bankroll yet again :D

About 2 months ago I decided to give poker another go and deposited 20$ and won about 50$ in freerolls. Tried cash games, 9man hypers and every time I moved up the stakes I got on a downswing and had to move back down. I simply lost all motivation to gring these games.
      Right now I am playing HU hypers and even tho the same thing happened here too, I am not ready to give up just yet :s_cool: I just like this format a lot more than the others because it doesnt realy feel like a grind and I am enyoing it.

At the moment my bankroll is 220$ and I am playing 3.50$. I will be updating couple a times a week and I hope that we all can get something out of this.

Here is my ugly graph so far :f_biggrin:

I was 2 tabling and most likely not playing very well so I decided to 1 table and realy focus from now on.
  • 15 replies
    • huberts2
      huberts2
      Bronze
      this week didnt start out as well as I had hoped but today I made a litlle comeback so I got that going for me whitch is nice :D

today
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Hi Edijs and welcome forum!

Great decision to start a blog to improve your game. In poker you can of course make it on your own but if you connect with other players and discuss about the game, it will help your game a lot.

Make sure you also post some difficult hands to our SNG hand evaluations forums.

GL! :)
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by huberts2

Wat is dis mountain ??
    • huberts2
      huberts2
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NutzAreOk

Make sure you also post some difficult hands to our SNG hand evaluations forums.

GL! :)
      I will tnx if I can find any :D
    • huberts2
      huberts2
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SneakyhanD

Wat is dis mountain ??
      Thats how it ussualy happens to me, I get on a big heater and then the next day or two, I lose it all back :D
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Bronze
      Hi huberts2,

Welcome to the blogs,

I love hyper husngs and will definitely follow you. :)

Best of luck,
      Fran
    • huberts2
      huberts2
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Hi huberts2,

Welcome to the blogs,

I love hyper husngs and will definitely follow you. :)

Best of luck,
      Fran
      Ty. I love them too but the swings are killing me at the momment :D
    • huberts2
      huberts2
      Bronze
      finished my first week 1 tabling with 50$ loss :f_cry:

I just dont know anymore if I am simply playing bad or its just variance. Can anyone suggest me something to study? I dont know what I should be looking to improve because when I play I dont realy feel lost in any spot, but I must be making a lot of mistakes, otherwise my EV line should be going up right? but I dont understand how it works either because when for example I raise call a shove with a strong hand like JJ+ and AK and win, then it shows me that it was -EV call and if I lose it shows me that it was +EV :f_confused:
      Bronze
      husng dot com. all you need to be a winner have a look at some of their free videos. i know the prices are a bit "high" for a micro stakes player but its all worth it. before i started FL i was part of a HUSNG community working with husng com and all my friends went from $2s reg to $100s 1 even 1k

http://www.husng.com/content/hyper-turbo-pack

http://www.husng.com/zzztilt-phl500-crushing-hyper-turbo-husngs

i suggest one of those. yeah the prices are 150 to 200 but if you study the material and put in the effort im sure they are gonna pay for itself very fast.
    • huberts2
      huberts2
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Avataren
      husng dot com. all you need to be a winner have a look at some of their free videos. i know the prices are a bit "high" for a micro stakes player but its all worth it. before i started FL i was part of a HUSNG community working with husng com and all my friends went from $2s reg to $100s 1 even 1k

http://www.husng.com/content/hyper-turbo-pack

http://www.husng.com/zzztilt-phl500-crushing-hyper-turbo-husngs

i suggest one of those. yeah the prices are 150 to 200 but if you study the material and put in the effort im sure they are gonna pay for itself very fast.
      Tnx for the suggestion. After watching some free sample videos in http://www.husng.com/zzztilt-phl500-crushing-hyper-turbo-husngs I realised a couple mistakes that I might be making :f_eek:
    • huberts2
      huberts2
      Bronze
      Hello everyone!
      After my last update I lost another 50 - 60$ and decided to stop playing for a while and really take my time to study the game. I studied alot of theory and learned many new concpets that I wasnt aware of when I was just clicking buttons :D I reviewed my database and realised how bad I actually was playing.
      I restarted playing again on oct 1st and I recoreded my sessions with a screen recorder and reviewed the the next day before I started my session. I believe that was the best desicion I ever made :D

here is my graph after I restarted playing

looks mutch better doesn't it? :D

My current bankroll is at $350 and I'll be taking shots at 7s tommorow.
      My goal is to become a reg at 30s in about 6 months hopefully :f_cool: and I will update here daily.

Since none of my friends play poker, it would be nice to talk to someone who also plays $3.50s or higher so if u are interested u can pm me and add me on skype or u can just reply here :)
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Ah yes, clicking buttons at 100km an hour, I think we've all been there! I also think it was a great decision to do a screen recording and study it, no matter what game you play, that must be helpful.

Having said that, hyper turbos :facepalm: , you must be really tough Edijs! :s_cool:
      I'm hoping you get to where you want to with this because the swings must be brutal compared to nlh, so I can only wish you well and it's looking good so far; I think my poor brain would just explode. Sigh, getting old.

Best regards and have fun,

Mal.
    • huberts2
      huberts2
      Bronze
      thanks. I don't think that the swings are that bad in hu hypers actually based on all the graphs that I have seen from better players. If u don't know what u are doing then swings can be really crazy as u can see in my first post :D
    • huberts2
      huberts2
      Bronze
      finished my fisrt day at 7s. My first impressions are that people are just as bad as at 3.50s but they seem to be more aggressive postflop :f_biggrin:

I played 125 games and made $15.50 profit today.
    • huberts2
      huberts2
      Bronze
      I ran pretty good today.

I played 100 games and made $39.80 profit today. Also I bought $10 stellar reward for 1000fpp's so my bankroll is $415 now. :)

If I keep running this good, I might even take shots at 15's by the end of the month and at 30's next month lol :f_biggrin: