beginners question

• steve787
      steve787
      Basic
      am new to poker . i need advise on texas hold em. what is the of buy-in, stakes, and tables. my question seems funny because the words are pure english but relating them to poker could be challenge. i just want to play texas hold em poker with one of a friend. how do i go about it?
  • 1 reply
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by steve787
      am new to poker . i need advise on texas hold em. what is the of buy-in, stakes, and tables. my question seems funny because the words are pure english but relating them to poker could be challenge. i just want to play texas hold em poker with one of a friend. how do i go about it?
      Hi, steve787,
      Welcome to PokerStrategy.com !

Let's start with the basics...
      Since you are new at this, the first thing to learn is bankroll management.
      In its simplest terms, you can understand BRM to mean, "don't play what you can't afford to lose".

If you go to the basic stragegy section and read the articles in the basic section, then go to the No Limit page and read the articles under "Your first winning strategy" you'll be off to a good start. The article on BRM is in this section.

Once that's done, if you have any particular questions, let us know!

Best of luck,
      --VS