missing articles about flip touneys

• rompas
      rompas
      Hi all,

i was looking around at videos and articles but couldnt find any about flip tourneys,, doing really bad in those atm and need a new strategy for this tourneys so would be helpful for any hints......
  • 4 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by rompas
      Hi all,

i was looking around at videos and articles but couldnt find any about flip tourneys,, doing really bad in those atm and need a new strategy for this tourneys so would be helpful for any hints......
      For the ones in the PokerStars Summer Challenge you mean?

Last time they had one of these I won about $4.00, and my technique is as follows:
        Place your tongue in your left cheek (of your mouth, silly) and push outward.
        Cross the fingers of your left hand (or right, if you're right-handed).
        Close your eyes.

This worked for me 4 times, it has not worked about 8 times.

Perhaps others have better techniques.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      In case you meant lottery (Jackpot, Twister) SnGs... no deep strategy has been shared simply because the format is new, ROI expectations are less known and regs want to keep their edges intact in case they turn out to be low. I'll say an evident thing, but start by learning to look the HU Nash push/fold chart up quickly and to deviate from it against opponents who're tighter or looser than average.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'doing bad'. The only graph you should look at is for all-in adjusted won chips because money prizes are subject to the huge variance of the prize size draw.
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Think he means the Full Tilt ones where you flip all in shootout style till you're ITM then it plays normally.

Basically you'd need a good amount of luck, then it would play the same as the late stages of a tournament.
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Those are called flipouts, not flips.

If they were meant, they're essentially 6/9-man regspeed SnGs (albeit with 45 bb starting stacks = essentially 32 bb taking antes into account) with a very weird and flat payout structure. Just inputting it as a custom structure into an ICM Nash calculator will give a good grasp on the push/fold stage. Early levels can be played more like middle levels of usual regspeed/turbo 6/9-mans, but with more caution in playing for stacks.