This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Crushing MTTs in 2014

• KaisurrSozee
      KaisurrSozee
      Bronze
      Hello,

my name is Marcel and im a fresh BA graduate from Germany. Ive been playing poker for around 5-6 years as a hobby with some small winnings live and online.
      Ive decided to give it a serious try now as i find myself more motivated than ever before.
      I also just relocated to Prague, where i spent my Erasmus semester and i totally liked the city because its price/quality ratio and lots of awesome poker opportunities.

My game of choice in poker was difficult to find, i tried everything from SNGs , PLO NLHE Cash and some mixed games. I get bored really fast and tend to switch games when im not running well. But i also know that to be crushing i need to specialize in only one game at a time.

At the beginning of the year i jumped into HUSNGs and realized that i tilt to fast in them even i was beating the 7$ level, as well as i tilt in PLO cash games. So i started to realize that almost all of my former winnings came from MTTs and that i should stick with them. I also really enjoy them the most.

To be playing the 180s i needed to grind a BR from 80$ that i had left in my Account. I decided to do that with 6max hypers as i found them really funny and soft to play. But i want to study a game with future prospects and i dont want to be a rakeback whore so i only used them to build up my roll for MTTs.
      Here is my 6max hyper graph for 3,50$

So with some Rakeback and a bit of Cashgames i have a 800$ roll to start with.
      I will be playing mainly 2,50s 180s and be mixing a few 2-5 $ MTTs from time to time.
      So far my first games went pretty awesome with 2 winnings and a third place.

Now lets come to my goals.

I want to become a midstakes MTT reg, meaning to beat MTTs to 50$ - 100$ levels and 180s up to 15$. My big goal is to play an EPT some day.

I have basically free time until August 2015 where i want to start my Master.
      My 2nd goal is to be able to live from my earnings during my studies for my master. I think i will need around 700-1000 euros/month to be able to do that.

I will try to update this thread as often as possible, giving some insights about my study/playing routine as well as some brags and beats :)

Stay tuned and rock on!

KS
  • 4 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Good luck!
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Bronze
      Hi Marcel,

Welcome to the blogs,

Nice to see one MTT blog around, I'll follow, keep us updated and in for some shipameeeents :)

Gogogo!

Kind regards,
      Fran
    • KaisurrSozee
      KaisurrSozee
      Bronze
      Wow! ive had probably the two roughest days since i ever started playing poker. Lost about 100 BI. Lost every single important hand i played :) Got a lot of times close to the FT before busting to flips or shoving AQ into AK.
      Ive studied alot of videos, e.g. Tomsoms Liveplays and OMGclaydols 180 series so i think that im kind of shoving ranges correctly, but it seems that im at the bad end of the hand too often.
      Anyways, hope things will turn around tomorrow:)

BR at 660 now. I will grind hypers again if i should fall to 350$ to give it another try :)

Thanks for your replys! Lets go!

• KaisurrSozee
      KaisurrSozee
      Bronze
      Another frustrating Day. Bubbled the FT 4-5 times due to losing flips or AK vs AA.
      So im down about 130BI now. hope things will turn around! :)