Color tag

• Svinhugg
      Svinhugg
      Gold
      Pokerstars has this nice thing with color tags that you can put on your opponents avatars. I tried to use it to mark fishy players to sharks using the colors.

But it seems like a waste since the span on microstakes on Pokerstars is rather limited compared to other sites. 95% of the players seems to fit into the categories average, slightly fishier than average or slightly sharkier than average.

It would seem more useful to mark them as NIT, LAG, TAG and so on. Is there any common lines how to use this color tags that I am not aware of?
  • 10 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Svinhugg,

I don't think there are common lines. I think people will colour tag slightly different. For instance, I use green for fishy LAGs and Nits as I can better exploit those types (Green for Go). I use red for good reg TAGs and LAGs as these types can be difficult to play against (Red for Danger). I use pink to mark my friends as everyone loves their friends. :f_biggrin:

I'm sure you'll find other people have differing ways of colour tagging.

Regards

Laz
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      one interesting use of color tagging that i've seen someone do is to mark specific relevant leaks. so he'd have a tag for, like, "high fold to cbet in 3bet pot"
    • SharkeeOne
      SharkeeOne
      Bronze
      I think he wants to edit the player labels, so instead of "fish" he can write "nit","lag" or "tag".

Yes, you can change color labels. Just go to the player notes option in the software and click a player, click his lables in the upper-right and click "edit player note labels". Hope this helps.
    • Svinhugg
      Svinhugg
      Gold
      Originally posted by SharkeeOne
      I think he wants to edit the player labels, so instead of "fish" he can write "nit","lag" or "tag".

Yes, you can change color labels. Just go to the player notes option in the software and click a player, click his lables in the upper-right and click "edit player note labels". Hope this helps.
      No, it was that thing I had in mind. What kind of use one can make of the color marking.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi all,
      I have labels for specific leaks also.

--VS
    • Svinhugg
      Svinhugg
      Gold
      Thanks for all answers. It´s very inspiring to hear about different uses. I definitly misses a similar gadget on poker770.
    • NijeVaznoKoSam
      NijeVaznoKoSam
      Bronze
      I even have a colour tag for player who owned me :(
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      one interesting use of color tagging that i've seen someone do is to mark specific relevant leaks. so he'd have a tag for, like, "high fold to cbet in 3bet pot"
      interesting.. thx for hint
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      the problem is that you can't use multiple tags without ending up having 32098324582 labels
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      the problem is that you can't use multiple tags without ending up having 32098324582 labels
      Yes, it is especially annoying when only 9,246 are allowed. :coolface:

For 5-Card Draw I change my colour tags on a player to match what I see is the most obvious leak -- for hold'em I just have a section at the top for general reads, then some position specific notes.

Cheers,
      --VS