Free learning video's on youtube

• pokerboy198229
      pokerboy198229
      Bronze
      Hello everyone,

Last months i was able to beat 2-5NL. It took me 55K hands at 2NL en 38K hands at 5NL. Now i put some learn/coaching video's on youtube to describe what kind of strategy i use to beat this limits and what are the common mistackes we all make. I will record 25K hands of each limt without using the Hud, just because i think the first step to beat this limits is to know what is the basic game strategy before we adjust our game play by using Hud software.

Im not saying i will not make any mistackes, i will probably make some. But im not bother with that, it will add more discussons and learning.

See my first video's on:
  • 7 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      I think you need to change your audio software or hardware as there is a buzz that's persistent through the video... And it's pretty damn annoying.

I would definitely get this sorted before posting more videos as there is already many videos of this type out there with superior audio and they would be much more attractive to watch as present.

Also, having tiled tables and not overlapping is much better for the viewer - As while you may be able to follow the action a person that's new to the game may not follow so easy.

I've been making youtube videos for gaming lately and this all factors in.

Seriously you need that buzz sorted though - Try turning down the gain on your microphone. As sometimes it's louder than your speech!
    • pokerboy198229
      pokerboy198229
      Bronze
      Thanks foor yout post and tips, do you how can i fix it?

Its indeed annoying.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, pokerboy198229

Some random thoughts...
        Make sure you're using a noise-cancelling mic -- this is critical.
        Make sure your system is properly grounded.
        Create videos when things like air conditioners, refrigerators, dishwashers, clothes dryers etc are all off.

A laptop mic is deadly -- the distance from your mouth to the mic is much too far, even if it is a good quality one.

A bit later I'll look at the vid to see if I can detect anything specific.

[Edit: I had a look/listen, and to me it sounds like flourescent lights or perhaps electrical interence from mains current. Grounding might help, and making sure no electric motors are running nearby might help.]

Important note:
      The thread title contains the work "Coaching" as does the video. our forum principles require that only PokerStrategy.com coaches offer coaching services.

I will edit the thread title.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Try turning the volume down on your mic via the windows/mac interface - If this doesn't work try lowering the gain in your recording software (which looks like CamStudio).

If none of this works - I would suggest a new microphone... Some of the best are actually the desktop standalone mics that sell for about £4 on ebay - Unless you want to spend £40 on a Turtle Beach (Or similar high-end brand) headset.
    • pokerboy198229
      pokerboy198229
      Bronze
      Its done, i fix my sound problem now and i post the second video.
      Thanks for all your advices and tips.

• VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, pokerboy198229

Yeah, quite an improvement!
      The sound does fade out sometimes though (see 5:50 to 6:00 for example) -- are you using a headset?

Much better though, overall.

Cheers,
      --VS
    • pokerboy198229
      pokerboy198229
      Bronze
      Yes, I do, i bought a new headset yesterday.