iPoker network

• impdiablo
      impdiablo
      Bronze
      - full of bots
      - inside collusion
      - rigged

Get out while you still can.

When my starting hand is better I got 37:63... meaning they are in favour of bad players... waster of your time, go to 888poker
  • 21 replies
    • Glopslart
      Glopslart
      Bronze
      Explain please! Which game-types? What stakes?
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      #legit
    • Haemophile
      Haemophile
      Bronze
      these are my thoughts because i have been there and thought that. its not down to the fact that the worst hand always wins its whether or not the person with this hand calls if they do then they will win but if you can play well enough to make them fold (really not gonna happen that much at lower levels no matter how good you are) then your hand will be the winning hand

when playing at 1c/2c i only go crazy when im sure i have the nuts and i avoid AA like the plague if i get called

the fact that you are telling people to goto 888 makes laugh til i cry because they have there own cult of people that love to moan about bad beats because thats all they are

A bad beat
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      I have a convincing sample of a hand which proves OP's suspicions.

http://weaktight.com/6920914

Get out before its too late ppl. You don't want to be getting it all in pre vs 82o its not a good spot :s_cool:
    • impdiablo
      impdiablo
      Bronze
      lets see... umm... i played about just enough hands to see my
      QQ run into AA
      my JJ run into 37 offsuit (yes, run into... cuz um... no... I don't want to even start)
      my HU 44 4-bet reraised all in by 23s... you don't have to guess twice what happened
      my AKs crushed by 67o (I pushed preflop with 1400 chips, villain had 1670)
      a player with 2Jo calls AA and KK... flop J33QJ (all preflop allin)

all this and more in only 45 minutes of play... If THIS is not enough proof I dont know what is. I've never in my life had been beaten on this scale having marginally better starting hands. In a way I'm glad because I hope many more will realise this and move to either Stars or 888 poker which are much better in terms of respecting one's hand (at least in my experience). Occasionally you get to see bad beats there, too, but it's definitely not as bad as ipoker.

Plus all those promotions they have are quite frankly - load of cow's dung. I enter that 20k tournament twice. Once I cashed the other time my AA got beaten by K7o after preflop all in...runner runner flush. I'm almost convinced they have people on inside playing. Looking at their traffic, they're about to implode very soon. And, in all honesty, I hope they do. Soon.

Sorry for the rant. But couldn't help myself.
    • Glopslart
      Glopslart
      Bronze
      There is indeed something 'not quite right' about i-poker. First, you have to consider who runs it. Do your own reading on Teddy Sagi.

Second, I have seen some strange things happen even at my stakes and even in my time. I just don't believe that, in general, the cards are dealt randomly. There have been too many instances of successive hands where the same - or very similar cards - have been dealt, and too many instances where, when playing more than one table simultaneously, you see the same - or very similar - cards popping up at each table. I don't think that happens out of any malice - it's just a glitch in the software.

Third, there are two tiers on I-poker - i.e. there are two groups of sites. One group of sites does not see the same games on the home screen display that the other group sees. That opens the door to finding ways of 'playing off' one player pool against another, for the profit of one site over another, or for the profit of Playtech. I confess I don't see how this might be done. However I have to work on the hypothesis that we are in the hands of people who are much cleverer than we are, who can readily find angles in this kind of situation.

Fourth, I have a couple of people on my level - 2euroHUSNGs - who always, always, suck out on me. I have my eye on them, and notes on them. Variance, BBs, coolers and the tilt insanity that follows are part of the game. In the last two days alone, I have both inflicted and suffered enough freakishness to last a lifetime - you name it, I've seen it.

However, with two specific people on my level, the variance only ever seems to run #one way#. Your answer might be, hey, that's just the way variance can go: play enough hands with these guys, and it will start swinging the other way. Well, maybe. There are darker interpretations: one of these is that some players might be more valuable to Playtech/I-poker than others. To encourage them to keep up the volume, it would be no trouble to nudge the software just a little, to deliver the important river card to the favourite sons and keep them enthusiastic.

So, why do I keep playing? Well, it's #NOT MY MONEY#. I joined in the old days, when you got a full fat $50USD. Despite having tried very hard to bust myself, I am ahead, although not by any significant amount. [By the way, even in my limited time, and even at microstakes, I have generated astonishing amounts of rake -

# without# ever#playing#anything#that#a#real#grinder#would#acknowledge#as#volume. Don't tell me that it's not worth the bother for the sites to shoot angles at microstakes.]

If I ever learn the game to the point where the money does start getting significant, then I will probably want to move away from I-poker. I don't know what the answer might be to the doubts about I-poker expressed in this thread and in others like it, but it's bad enough that there is a question.
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      You really think ipoker is capable of elaborate rigging?

They are not even capable of making software that works properly.
    • Gerovit
      Gerovit
      Bronze
    • SharpQuark
      SharpQuark
      Bronze
      I've definitely come up against a couple of bots playing the Speed Hold'em 10NL several times. I noticed them because all they were doing was min bet/raising every hand I saw them play on every street, and that they all had the same names eg. Emily9472 or Darren2759.
      I came up against them KK vs 2x four times getting it all in preflop, merely being sucked out on twice against their trip 2s and single card straights. The sample I had against them was only maybe thirty hands but they seemed to love 2x rags, low pocket pairs and suited connectors.
      I have no idea why anyone would be running these things or how I kept seeing them have a stack of 1.5-2 buy ins when they had no action except min-raise and call all in.
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      guys this has been discussed a million times before, and no, poker isn't rigged, there are bots yes, collusions definatly yes but we don't care that your QQ didn't hold vs 79o or whatever, go play a couple million hands and run some numbers that shows serious deviations, than you might get some attention.
      Can mods please collect all "poker is rigged" threads into one thread like on 2+2?
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      We should create a bot that auto-merges the "poker is rigged" posts into a common thread :coolface:

@SharpQuark:
      If you think you're playing vs a bot, watch it carefully, take notes on how it plays.

Once you know, you can take its money.

I suspect that the bot min-raises because on iPoker it is likely auto-profiting.

Cheers,
      --VS
    • Janosikgdy
      Janosikgdy
      Bronze
      Ipoker is owner of Pokerstrategy.
      How can you think they will still be objective in this matter? ?(
    • htghguuh
      htghguuh
      Silver
      It's poker you have too learn when too fold ; off there are bots great they are programmed and can be beatten; I'm not a great player but from one poker room to the next is the same;
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      This thread :facepalm:
    • kingreigns
      kingreigns
      Bronze
      I like ipoker but trying to multitable is a disaster.Like if you have 16 tables stacked,generally the next in line pops to the front.That is unless you open a new table,you have to wait for it to open and click ok.This makes the order messed up and you constantly miss good hands because of it.Same thing if you close one of the tables.It's mega tilting and wrecks my tits.
      Why not have an auto buy-in preset?There quick seat function is dirt,one table at a time.

The hotkeys are almost non existent.theres 3 hotkeys,like seriously its 2014.The lack of options with the software is mind boggling if you have used pokerstars before.Ipoker is probably what pokerstars was back in the 1980's haha.

All that said its great for mega fish everywhere

PLEASE SORT OUT THE MULTI TABLING BULLS**T
    • htghguuh
      htghguuh
      Silver
      Originally posted by SharpQuark
      I've definitely come up against a couple of bots playing the Speed Hold'em 10NL several times. I noticed them because all they were doing was min bet/raising every hand I saw them play on every street, and that they all had the same names eg. Emily9472 or Darren2759.
      I came up against them KK vs 2x four times getting it all in preflop, merely being sucked out on twice against their trip 2s and single card straights. The sample I had against them was only maybe thirty hands but they seemed to love 2x rags, low pocket pairs and suited connectors.
      I have no idea why anyone would be running these things or how I kept seeing them have a stack of 1.5-2 buy ins when they had no action except min-raise and call all in.
      Originally posted by SharpQuark
      Well i dont beleeeeve it ,and i was trying too check where i had gone wrong ,My KK got beaten 4 times by just exactly the same.
      i actually was quite happy too win just the blinds so i put in a 5 time bb .it still called ,flop i raised he called,i thought defo AA,
      nooooo HE GOT SET 444 NOT ON FLOP EVEN BUT ON TURN I DID ACTUALY SAY SET TOO MYSELF SET ,BUT JEEZ THE CARDS WERE SO LOW VALUE I DIDNT THING THEY WOULD CALL AND CHASE THEM.
      I actualy even thought my game going even after i said he has set i carried on lol.JUST THOUGHT NAAA CANT BE.
    • htghguuh
      htghguuh
      Silver
      sure lets call the pocket 22 till turn on an all in against 8 10 A and thev2 lands gets better:f_drink: :f_love: :f_zZz:
    • D0nkshove
      D0nkshove
      Bronze
      I did not know these topics even existed
    • hardlife66
      hardlife66
      Bronze
      I agree I avoid Playtech software now, I only won a hand around 10% of the time even on cash 6 max

I can't load Pokerstars so am sticking on PKR for now btw as it seems more genuine, is it?