Taking player notes after the hand in speed poker

• godfather2007
      godfather2007
      Bronze
      I haven't had this problem with Pokerstars and fulltilt, but I am not able to take notes on a player after the hand is over via replay etc, in iPoker clients, particularly Poker770. does anybody know a way?

EDIT: I forgot to say in speed poker.
  • 6 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, godfather2007...
      I am unable to do so also.

I have asked WH to include a method to watch the end of a hand.
      Both P*s and FT do this, and it is SO helpful on getting reads on players, as you can then see what they played and how they played it.

Their response was "That would defeat the purpose".

If you have tracking software, you can take notes there, but you still have to sit out on all tables, find the hand in your tracking software.

I've always taken notes on players in the poker rooms own note system, but with iPoker speed that appears to be impossible.

Please take a moment to send this suggestion to whatever poker room you play on. Perhaps if enough people speak up something can be done.

Best regards,
      --VS
    • redrawstump
      redrawstump
      Bronze
      and while we're at it how about fixing auto top-up (or indeed manual top-up) poker777. Nothing makes you tilt faster than losing a big pot then having to keep opening new tables to get back to a full stack.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by redrawstump
      and while we're at it how about fixing auto top-up (or indeed manual top-up) poker777. Nothing makes you tilt faster than losing a big pot then having to keep opening new tables to get back to a full stack.
      According the WH tech support, they're aware of the problem and are working on a fix.

I had an email conversation with them about this, complete with screenshots and everything.

They barked at me 'cuz the first set had my tracker software running, so I sent 'em another set where WH was the only software running period.

I hope it helped.

The other one I'd like fixed is the nonsense where when the pool is small the hands are presented with as few as 3 players. I'll play down to 4, but the instant the first 3-player hand comes up I'm gone. That is deliberate, though, I'm told.

Cheers,
      --VS
    • rompas
      rompas
      where is the days, when you wanted some info about a player you had to pay to see, and make notes from that.... :rolleyes:
    • godfather2007
      godfather2007
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rompas
      where is the days, when you wanted some info about a player you had to pay to see, and make notes from that.... :rolleyes:
      The problem is, you pay to see the hand, but you're immediately moved to another table, and you can only make in-application notes on a player that is currently sitting at your table. (the replay function is not as interactive as the ones on fulltilt and stars)
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by rompas
      Hi, rompas
      In a normal table, whether or not you are involved in a hand, you can observe the action of the others. On PokerStars and FT -- and possibly other rooms -- their fast-fold tables have a mechanism to allow you to observe how a hand plays out.

This is missing from iPoker, and it is a tremendous lack.

Even if you WERE involved in a hand, it is not possible to add a note to the player after the hand is over. In most cases, in order to write a meaningful note, you must wait until the hand is complete -- so the choice is meaningless note or none at all.

Best option so far is to write the note down, and next time you see them add the note.
      Yuck

Cheers,
      --VS