£5000 profit by Christmas

• larsonk7
      larsonk7
      Bronze
      Hey everyone!

Going to give this thread a good go and hopefully see it through mostly to give me some focus.

The Challenge

£5000 profit by Christmas starting this week.

Volume has been pretty low this month so this is an incentive to get grinding!

My biggest games are Cash, HU Sit and Go's and MTT's.

Love MTT's, cash for for dough and HU Sit and Go's are my low variance route to profit.

Profit this year from HU Sit and Go's = about £900.

MTT's = approx. £1600.

Most profit however comes from cash.

Would love to get my sharkscope up to £5k by the end of the year (it's currently about 2.9k)

With Cash i'm making a big effort to improve my game to move up the levels. At the moment I play 20-50nl, with most volume at 20nl.

I do pretty well at cash, but am well aware of my limitations! If you put me at a table of 5 good regs at 100nl I would get crushed lol

By the end of the year would love to be moving up to 100nl and beating this level. At the moment I withdraw money every month, allowing my bankroll to grow will give me the option to play higher games.

If I had not withdrawn over this year I would have been well rolled for 100nl by now, I suppose I've to a large extent got stuck in my comfort zone.

Will update regulary, wish me luck!

And if any micro player has any poker questions or strategy questions ask away!
  • 26 replies
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      nice challenge, I'm subbed, keep us updated please.

Best of luck,
      Fran
    • luckySerb
      luckySerb
      Bronze
      good luck man
    • larsonk7
      larsonk7
      Bronze
      Thanks Fran and Serb!

Will update once a week

If anyone see's a bad beat story slap me #chortle free zone
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Good luck man. :) I better start picking out some Xmas presents for you to buy me. ;)
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Good luck! Hope you will accomplish your goal. :)
    • larsonk7
      larsonk7
      Bronze
      Thanks everyone!

Will update once a month at the end of the month. First update will be at the end of Spetmeber.

My friend was saying it's quite a big target giving the volume I can put in, which is true, working full time / poker on the side:)

Got the target from my last 4 months results with 25% uplift, so is definatly doable, also factored in it's coming into winter when the tables are at their best.

Couple of MTT's binks would really help also:D
    • larsonk7
      larsonk7
      Bronze
      It's been a really good start to the challenge, I have ran amazing at cash.

Just <10% of way to the target, so far.

Volume has been all cash, been mostly 8 tabling. MTT's and HU Sit and Go's volume has been pretty much non existant sinse I made the OP (apart from tonight when I played some on stars).

Tonight was really frustrating at cash, it's the first day I've not had a winning session in about a week.

I was playing really bad and tired. I don't know how but i'm only down about 1.5/2 buy ins from today. Got really lucky in a couple of pots, or it would have been a really bad day!

Finally got some money on Star's, played some HU Hypers on there, it's totally different on there from my main site. A lot more players 3 bet jamming at the 10/20 level to a min raise - but the games were flowing.

Just posted this up to keep me focussed!

**The MTT's I have played havn't even had a sniff of a deep run/ FT

Sometimes I wonder when you put a lot of volume into one format, does it affect other games, eg when playing lots of cash it affects my HU / MTT game.

*** If any winning HU Hyper player ever wants to do a few sweat sessions/ discuss strategy, just ship me a mesg on here.
    • MiddlePair
      MiddlePair
      Basic
      Best of luck! Run good!
    • larsonk7
      larsonk7
      Bronze
      Thanks MP!

The week before my last post was my best week ever at cash, I ran amazing and for the most part played really well, I ended up 25 buy ins up (at 20nl).

At the highest point I was over 10% of my total target.

Reality was soon to bite lol

Friday, normally always one of my best days for playing, was a disaster haha

Ended up losing about 10 buy in's. At the start I was playing pretty well/ not running great. I got coolered in a couple of spots then went into pure spew monkey mode haha

I reckon i'm normally quite good at the mental side of the game, but there's always these times the red mist descends AND I ended up spewing away money.

Decided to go for a big Saturday grind, first 3 hours was really slow - ended up about 2 Buy ins. 2nd session about 30mins in managed to lose 3.5/4 buy ins in 20 minutes. I stopped played at this point to chill out for a bit, signs were there I was going to tilt/ spew.

Came back later on and had a brilliant night.

Total of target currently achieved 8.8%
    • larsonk7
      larsonk7
      Bronze
      I'll post full results at the end of the month, generally it's went pretty well, but could have been better.

Don't normally post hands but here's a couple:) Have to just type them in as there's no way to convert them.
      We are in the Cutoff (20nl), we raise to 60p, with K :10c
      We have £49.66 at the start of the hand.

Sb 3 bets to £1.90, he has £43.44 at the start of the hand.

Would just be a fold if we weren't as deep, I don't hate calling here.

Pot is £4.20

Flop; 9 J Q

Flop better! Villian bets £2.1, I raised to £8.40. Really don't like this raise size or remember why I raised so big outside the fact the player is spewy.

He jams lol He has Q K, turn and river are bricks we win £94.60

--------------------------

Hand 2; quite interesting

We have A J UTG + 1 (£38.68)

UTG (reg) 3 xes, we call. Don't generally 3 bet AJsuited here a lot versus an UTG open. It folds to the blinds who both call. Pot is £2.40.

Flop: Q 5 3, SB Checks, BB donk bets (he has £34.05) £1.20, UTG + 1 folds, I decided to just call with the SB still to act. He folded. 2 players to the turn. Pot is £4.80.

Turn; K, Villian checks, we bet £3.60. Villian re-raises by £6. It's £6 into £18, so not quite getting the right price. He has just over £24 behind.

He's clearly got a big hand here, he's a random player, pretty sure we are getting his stack if I bink. When they take these weird line it's usually 2 pair atleast. I call the £6, pot is £24.

River 2 He jams all in £24.45

He has KQ
    • larsonk7
      larsonk7
      Bronze
      Hand 2 Prob a check on the turn > betting, thoughts?

Got myself into a pretty bad spot by betting, after just calling flop.
    • larsonk7
      larsonk7
      Bronze
      September

+ £1019.02 Plus £126.44 rakeback due in Oct.

After a great first week has been pretty swingy, delighted to have broke 1k for the month.
    • MaxLange
      MaxLange
      Bronze
      I think you're able to do it and in which site you play?
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      gl, and marry Christmas I guess :)
    • larsonk7
      larsonk7
      Bronze
      After my last post on here (end of Sept) ended up having a mini down swing - had 5 consecutive losing days, sad times:(

But, been pretty good since have dug myself out of the hole and been going pretty well.

Will be interesting to see if I can make £1k this month, still time.

Won a £5 BH today for about £140, more MTT run good would be nice:D
    • larsonk7
      larsonk7
      Bronze
      Hope so Frankie! Expensive time of year:)

Hey Max.

I play on Sky
    • larsonk7
      larsonk7
      Bronze
      Start of month was pretty bad, was in a hole from the 1st of October-5th.

There was a rake race on, so the tables were filled with nitty regs, which seriously destroyed liquidity.

Ran pretty bad too, which turned into playing pretty bad at points.

After the 5th things went reasonably well, having mostly winning days.

I'm up just over £700 this month, which i'm pretty disappointed with tbh.

It's one of my poorest months in a while.

Not going to make £5k by Xmas, it will be more like 3.6-4k all things being equal.

Going to have a massive grind in December.

Good luck everyone, play well and run better;)

• larsonk7
      larsonk7
      Bronze
      I've heatered like crazy from the last Thursday in Oct- Last Thursday, weekend was meh having my first 2 losing sessions sinse that Thursday.

£5k is back on the cards.

I'm going to discontinue this thread due to a lack of interest.

Was really doing it for motivation and tbh it's prob not the best way to get "motivated".

Was having a think about it, reading someone's diary saying I won x amount, lost x amount with loads of hand histories.

Guess my minds being changed - don't know if there's much point in posting up results. At the end of the day it only really affects the person concerned and outside of that is pretty boring.

• MaverickUK2k
      MaverickUK2k
      Bronze
      I'm not so sure, there are probably lots of lurkers like me who take an interest in your posts but don't actively engage in conversation. I've been keeping tabs of your posts since you started this and i'm still very keen to know how you get it - i find it not only insightful but even a bit of a motivator for me to read (perhaps inspiration is a better word).

Don't stop the posting, i bet there's quite a few lurkers just like me. Good luck by the way, hope you get to the 5k.