Hello everyone!

• PapaSmuuurf
      PapaSmuuurf
      Bronze
      Hello everyone!

I'm a new guy here, willing to learn and play a lot of poker. A few months ago i tried to play some but i didn't go well. I mean, i didn't go broke, i just though it's not my thing. But now i read books, watched films on youtube.com and so on and i'm gonne give it a try - this time for real.

I want to start with Heads Up, starting on Titan Poker, because they have micro HU cash games, no limit holdem. And heads up sng. Don't know if there's a huge difference between them, but i want to learn a lot

If you can give me good books , articles and pretty much everything about heads up

Thanks in advance

P.S. I want to be a valid member of the community, want to take part in everything there's to take part in.
  • 4 replies
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Hello PapaSmurf, glad to have you here! :s_biggrin:

Make sure to check out our Free Money Offers. That will give you Bronze status for life, and the opportunity to get an even higher status, and access to more articles and videos. Here is a list of our Partner Rooms, where you can play to earn points.

I must say I'm a little surprised to hear that you started out playing Heads up right away, that's a pretty difficult format to learn for a beginning player. I'd personally recommend playing Full Ring cash games if you're starting out, to get a feel for this game. You can find an overview of our cash game lessons here, it should contain everything you need to know to get started.

Here are all of our videos on Heads up games (both cash and SNG) that are available to Basic members, if you decide that that's your thing instead. Of course, there will be plenty more available to you once you get a higher status.

And don't worry if it's a rocky road in the beginning. Trust me, we've all been there.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I look forward to seeing you around here on the forums!
    • PapaSmuuurf
      PapaSmuuurf
      Bronze
      I got it. Need to think that through.

And what do you think is the best way to make a solid bankroll. I am willing to water some money, and i will use Free Money Offers for sure. But i want to be able to grind a little, steady race through microstakes. I am willing to study hard, i have a good memory (speaking 6 languages and have two majors) and i get things quite fast. Just need a good source to learn from.

And last one thing, i was always thinking about no limit holdem, i played and read a little about PLO. Which one is the best way to start?
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      I think full ring or shorthanded cash games should be a good format for starting out and building a bankroll, since they are a little less variance heavy than the others.

I actually made a rather lengthy post about the pros and cons of each format in response to another user earlier today, so I'll link you to it.

If you decide to play cash games, the overview of NL lessons I showed you earlier should contain everything you need to know for now.
      There are a few more coachings and video series on the subject that are a little more exhaustive, like w34z3l's 6-max walkthrough, which finished a while ago, or the No Limit Bootcamp, which is still running. The problem is that you require a higher member status to see them.

One video series worth watching that is available to Basic members would be hasenbraten's Crushing NL50, even though it was made in 2010, so I don't know if 100% of it is still applicable today. There is also a series on Preflop play by Bierbaer that could be useful for you.

May I also suggest that you start a blog to keep us updated about your career and receive advice from other members?
    • PapaSmuuurf
      PapaSmuuurf
      Bronze
      You may and that's what i do with that blog.

And i'm gonna start with 6-max. If i knew better, wouldn't need to post my message here. You are here to help and i'm gonna listen to you :)