This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

FL 6-max colour coding

• pbijvoet
      pbijvoet
      Bronze
      Goodday everyone,

I'm playing 6-max regular tables and would like to colour code my basic stats. And combining these stats to tag villian as good, fish, loose passive, tight passive, nit, etc.
      I was thinking of the next stats:
      - VPIP under 22-23 tight, between 23-28 good, 28-35 good agro over 35 agro.
      - PFR under 17-18 tight, between 18-23 good, 23 and over is agro.
      Perhaps 3bet stats, WTSD W$SD, AF?

What are your thoughts?
  • 4 replies
      Bronze
      <23 is nitty . 23 - 28 is tight and above 30 is LAGgy to good (near perfect vpip is between 32 to 35%)

<18 nitty , 18 to 23 is tight. 24 to 28 is good. >30 is definitely on the path to being too much

3bet stats <10 is nitty. between 12 - 15 is good above is a bit too much

WTSD between 40 - 45% is good w$sd you cant really use for anything it only shows how good villians have been running on the sample you've acquired .

i personally use AGG% not AF so i cant really help you on that but 48% to 55% is good on agg%
    • pbijvoet
      pbijvoet
      Bronze
      Wow thanks,

Aff% is like aggression frequency right? I'm still doubting on what to use. What's your decision to use aff% instead of AF?
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pbijvoet
      Wow thanks,

Aff% is like aggression frequency right? I'm still doubting on what to use. What's your decision to use aff% instead of AF?
      for me its just easier to use because its 0% to 100% AF is some weird 1.3 - 2.8 numbers etc. I just think its easier for me to say "okay he has 50% agg% thats a good stat" or <30% hes a fucking passive guy awesome. Since i have used agg% from the very beginning i had bought HM2 and prev with hacked versions of PT I never got used to the 1.4 bla bla thing. so dont know what is good or not.

btw what stakes are you playing and where ? stars i presume ?
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      From my blog:

So how do you color code your opponents? I have a fairly ambitious scheme (at Stars), very suitable for the micros.

I have
      • Rocks (very tight, passive) in red
      • Stones (very tight, aggressive) in orange
      • TAG (tight, aggressive) in yellow
      • Timid TAG (tight, passive) in light yellow
      • LAG (loose, aggressive) in dark blue
      • Timid LAG (loose, passive) in blue
      • Fish (very passive, somewhat tight) in light blue
      • Juicy fish (very passive, very loose) in pink
      • Wild fish (somewhat aggressive, very loose) in green
      • Crazy fish (aggressive, very loose) in dark green
      • Calling Stations (very passive, very very loose) in light green
      • Lunatics(aggressive, very very loose) in white
      • Maniacs(very aggressive, very very loose) in purple

And that is for preflop. It's extremely useful, especially when table selecting. I didn't start out like this, but the list has grown, and I can maintain the colors without paying much attention to it. It has become second nature to code an unknown limper immediately as a fish. If stats are too for from the right color, I simply change it, but I don't fiddle with it all the time.

I use the eight colors available in PokerTracker for post-flop tendencies:
      • Black - Nothing so far
      • Yellow - Decent
      • Green - Calling Station
      • Light blue - Typical fish
      • Blue - habitual donk bet bluffer
      • Dark blue - Too aggressive
      • Red - Too tight
      • Orange - Mr. Tricky
      • Purple - Maniac

This is, of course used for exploitation. Who to three-bet light, who to not call down with a ragged ace, etc.