FL 6-max colour coding

• pbijvoet
      pbijvoet
      Bronze
      Goodday everyone,

I'm playing 6-max regular tables and would like to colour code my basic stats. And combining these stats to tag villian as good, fish, loose passive, tight passive, nit, etc.
      I was thinking of the next stats:
      - VPIP under 22-23 tight, between 23-28 good, 28-35 good agro over 35 agro.
      - PFR under 17-18 tight, between 18-23 good, 23 and over is agro.
      Perhaps 3bet stats, WTSD W$SD, AF?

What are your thoughts?
  • 4 replies
      Bronze
      <23 is nitty . 23 - 28 is tight and above 30 is LAGgy to good (near perfect vpip is between 32 to 35%)

<18 nitty , 18 to 23 is tight. 24 to 28 is good. >30 is definitely on the path to being too much

3bet stats <10 is nitty. between 12 - 15 is good above is a bit too much

WTSD between 40 - 45% is good w$sd you cant really use for anything it only shows how good villians have been running on the sample you've acquired .

i personally use AGG% not AF so i cant really help you on that but 48% to 55% is good on agg%
    • pbijvoet
      pbijvoet
      Bronze
      Wow thanks,

Aff% is like aggression frequency right? I'm still doubting on what to use. What's your decision to use aff% instead of AF?
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pbijvoet
      Wow thanks,

Aff% is like aggression frequency right? I'm still doubting on what to use. What's your decision to use aff% instead of AF?
      for me its just easier to use because its 0% to 100% AF is some weird 1.3 - 2.8 numbers etc. I just think its easier for me to say "okay he has 50% agg% thats a good stat" or <30% hes a fucking passive guy awesome. Since i have used agg% from the very beginning i had bought HM2 and prev with hacked versions of PT I never got used to the 1.4 bla bla thing. so dont know what is good or not.

btw what stakes are you playing and where ? stars i presume ?
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      From my blog:

So how do you color code your opponents? I have a fairly ambitious scheme (at Stars), very suitable for the micros.

I have
      • Rocks (very tight, passive) in red
      • Stones (very tight, aggressive) in orange
      • TAG (tight, aggressive) in yellow
      • Timid TAG (tight, passive) in light yellow
      • LAG (loose, aggressive) in dark blue
      • Timid LAG (loose, passive) in blue
      • Fish (very passive, somewhat tight) in light blue
      • Juicy fish (very passive, very loose) in pink
      • Wild fish (somewhat aggressive, very loose) in green
      • Crazy fish (aggressive, very loose) in dark green
      • Calling Stations (very passive, very very loose) in light green
      • Lunatics(aggressive, very very loose) in white
      • Maniacs(very aggressive, very very loose) in purple

And that is for preflop. It's extremely useful, especially when table selecting. I didn't start out like this, but the list has grown, and I can maintain the colors without paying much attention to it. It has become second nature to code an unknown limper immediately as a fish. If stats are too for from the right color, I simply change it, but I don't fiddle with it all the time.

I use the eight colors available in PokerTracker for post-flop tendencies:
      • Black - Nothing so far
      • Yellow - Decent
      • Green - Calling Station
      • Light blue - Typical fish
      • Blue - habitual donk bet bluffer
      • Dark blue - Too aggressive
      • Red - Too tight
      • Orange - Mr. Tricky
      • Purple - Maniac

This is, of course used for exploitation. Who to three-bet light, who to not call down with a ragged ace, etc.