This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Full Ring QQ vs UTG TAG open-raise: 3bet or call?

• NightShadePMC
      NightShadePMC
      Bronze
      What is your default action with QQ vs an UTG TAG (let's say 14/10/3) open-raise? I'm just trying to get different opinions and maybe decide which one is the more profitable course of action at nl25-nl50 full ring zoom.
  • 8 replies
    • ChoChikun
      ChoChikun
      Bronze
      UTG RFI, f3bt, 4bet..?
    • NightShadePMC
      NightShadePMC
      Bronze
      I'm talking about a default action against a tag villain on which you have, say, 100 hands (so not much of a sample for the stats you want). You don't always have exact stats on your villain.
    • ChoChikun
      ChoChikun
      Bronze
      I prefer calling. You can check Steal stat, higher Steal - tighter UTG, but anyway I think it is better to call. For me more important is to have bluffs in 3bet vs UTG for players who folds pairs or call and fit or fold.

I even call some AA combos.
    • ChoChikun
      ChoChikun
      Bronze
      You have to fold QQ on UTG 4bet from 14/10 player. It is too good card to be in 3bet bluff range.
    • NightShadePMC
      NightShadePMC
      Bronze
      Well I'm not 3betting as a bluff, I'm 3betting for value. They can call me with AK and 2/3 times they will miss the flop, they can call me with lower pairs and they'll usually 4bet AA/KK OOP. Plus that the raise ensure that we'll be heads-up most of the time and I'll be in position. It's just a very straightforward way for me to find out where I'm at in the hand.
    • sherriffatman
      sherriffatman
      Silver
      I am mainly flatting QQ to an UTG open personally in cash-games (esp. FR)

by 3B ing you mostly just fold out the hands you beat, and put yourself in a tough spot vs a tight 4B range

- by flatting you are keeping the villain's range wider and can take a chk/call line IP post-flop and look to pot-control/catch bluffs etc.

- vs a tag player's 4B range UTG, I wouldn't want to get 100BBs in pre very often

(also, QQ is at the top of our flatting range, and we save our 3B range for monsters and bluff/semi-bluff hands - polarized!)

(I am playing NL10 6max, but I reckon this would apply to all micro-stakes games, and FR) - see W34z3l/Bogdan's courses for more detail).
    • ChoChikun
      ChoChikun
      Bronze
      If you are folding QQ to 4bet than it is in 3bet bluff range. :-)
    • mesisification
      mesisification
      Bronze
      Versus UTG open flatting is a lot better option than 3betting.