Full Ring QQ vs UTG TAG open-raise: 3bet or call?

• NightShadePMC
      NightShadePMC
      Bronze
      What is your default action with QQ vs an UTG TAG (let's say 14/10/3) open-raise? I'm just trying to get different opinions and maybe decide which one is the more profitable course of action at nl25-nl50 full ring zoom.
  • 8 replies
    • ChoChikun
      ChoChikun
      Bronze
      UTG RFI, f3bt, 4bet..?
    • NightShadePMC
      NightShadePMC
      Bronze
      I'm talking about a default action against a tag villain on which you have, say, 100 hands (so not much of a sample for the stats you want). You don't always have exact stats on your villain.
    • ChoChikun
      ChoChikun
      Bronze
      I prefer calling. You can check Steal stat, higher Steal - tighter UTG, but anyway I think it is better to call. For me more important is to have bluffs in 3bet vs UTG for players who folds pairs or call and fit or fold.

I even call some AA combos.
    • ChoChikun
      ChoChikun
      Bronze
      You have to fold QQ on UTG 4bet from 14/10 player. It is too good card to be in 3bet bluff range.
    • NightShadePMC
      NightShadePMC
      Bronze
      Well I'm not 3betting as a bluff, I'm 3betting for value. They can call me with AK and 2/3 times they will miss the flop, they can call me with lower pairs and they'll usually 4bet AA/KK OOP. Plus that the raise ensure that we'll be heads-up most of the time and I'll be in position. It's just a very straightforward way for me to find out where I'm at in the hand.
    • sherriffatman
      sherriffatman
      Bronze
      I am mainly flatting QQ to an UTG open personally in cash-games (esp. FR)

by 3B ing you mostly just fold out the hands you beat, and put yourself in a tough spot vs a tight 4B range

- by flatting you are keeping the villain's range wider and can take a chk/call line IP post-flop and look to pot-control/catch bluffs etc.

- vs a tag player's 4B range UTG, I wouldn't want to get 100BBs in pre very often

(also, QQ is at the top of our flatting range, and we save our 3B range for monsters and bluff/semi-bluff hands - polarized!)

(I am playing NL10 6max, but I reckon this would apply to all micro-stakes games, and FR) - see W34z3l/Bogdan's courses for more detail).
    • ChoChikun
      ChoChikun
      Bronze
      If you are folding QQ to 4bet than it is in 3bet bluff range. :-)
    • mesisification
      mesisification
      Bronze
      Versus UTG open flatting is a lot better option than 3betting.