This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AKs Nl10 sh

• jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.1 No Limit Holdem
      5 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($2.60)
      CO ($3.67)
      BTN ($5.22)
      SB ($13.40)
      Hero ($21.81)

Pre-flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Hero is BB K:heart: A:heart:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.40, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.30, BTN calls $0.90

Flop: Q:heart: 8:spade: 8:heart: ($2.65, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN goes all-in $3.92, Hero calls $3.92

Turn: J:spade: ($10.49, 2 players)

River: T:club: ($10.49, 2 players)

Final Pot: $10.49

So was I allowed to call his shove? I have a flush draw, two overcards and a backdoor straight draw, so I have some outs. Pokerstove says, that even if he has a Q I'm ahead, if he has an 8 which is not very likely im an underdog, basicly I think im ahead his range, he might even have a smaller flushdraw..
  • 5 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      He COULD be on an overpair (aces) because some people play it that way (cause 4bet gives the hand away), but I think I would definately call the shove here aswell. You risk being dominated by QQ, but I really think that a typical NL10 villain won't shove the flop with a flopped full house. Same with an 8 (they love slowplay!). Basically, I think he's on a flushdraw or tilt and that it's a good call :P
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Just checked, even if his range is just KK++, I still have my 40% equity. Cant agree with you more about how people at this limit love to slowplay :D
    • AndriusLT
      AndriusLT
      Bronze
      I'd lead that flop and call if he shoved.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      I think you should conti-bet this flop.
      Its a paired board and is easy to bluff the pot in this situation against 1 opponent .
      Also if you bet you can see if villain re-raises and you may be able to lay it down.(If villain has a Q or 8.)
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      there is just one reason to not cbet that flop . and this is to induce a shove so you have to call it but standard would be bet / call
      gl