where to watch whole pokergames?

• SRwtf
      SRwtf
      Bronze
      What's up everybody I wonder if any of you know where I can watch more complete games and not just random clips taken from various tournaments and cash tables?

I wanted to study a bit the game of the pros and I can barely do that when I get these random videos where there's one player in the spotlight and then another and so on, especially if they're only gonna show the "interesting" parts.

I want to look into Ivey's game. He's not my #1 favourite anymore. I think his gamestyle is "play solid (almost by the book)" which he does in a good way but what I DO wanna see is how he handles the weird/awkward/special situations (because that's where he should come to differ to the other players)

I'm inpatient but when I have an intention like getting to know something I can just sit there and watch through a whole session with (for example) ivey.
      Doesn't have to be a whole session, but the usual WSOP TV format won't do.

Got anything for me?
      If you think the link might be inappropriate because it links to other sites that are not affiliated with PokerStrategy just shoot me a message.
      I'll gladly look into it

Thanks
  • 9 replies
    • SRwtf
      SRwtf
      Bronze
      bump for interest
      I just wanna find whole tournaments/cash games and not just short clips (two to four minutes long)
      I've found a few on youtube but there's not really that many
      Any of you guys know where I can find more?
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      if you are looking for cash games, watch high stakes poker or poker after dark. but both are quite old, so you won't learn much. besides you can learn much better and faster by watching videos here instead of trying to get how the fuck can phil ivey 5b shove 52o against a cold 4b, it just won't make you a better player, so basically you would be wasting your time.
    • SRwtf
      SRwtf
      Bronze
      yeah that's true, I just wanna study some players though. How old are the videos you're talking about?
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SRwtf
      yeah that's true, I just wanna study some players though. How old are the videos you're talking about?
      Bitter truth here. If you are at a level in poker where you want to study pro's, it means that you really shouldn't do it and should focus your attention on becoming the better player at your stakes. Because if you are good enough to play lets say nl100 and win, you never watch the "pros" play, unless it's for pure fun. Once you again watch them to study, you are good enough to actually have them on your tables.

So word of advice. Only watch it for fun, because if you will try to implement what they show in your own games, you will in fact loose money.

Don't get me wrong, everyone starts with the wish of watching the pros and playing like them; heck, so did i. But it's the wrong approach if you are actually looking to make money.

Regards,

Skod
    • SRwtf
      SRwtf
      Bronze
      Hey Skod, thanks for this detailed answer!
      I'll just take your word for it, I probably can't learn from that as you said because I mainly wouldn't get what exactly goes through their minds at that point.
      But one thing I got from those videos is that in certain situations you can raise with hands that are NEVER raised in the book! That was bad for me in the beginning but after I really bettered my postflop game it became a BIG plus to know that.
      Plus it showed me what it means to have fold equity against few opponents when I have good pot equity with a draw for example.

Anyways, even just for fun: Do you know where I can watch whole sessions that are maybe not that old?
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SRwtf
      Anyways, even just for fun: Do you know where I can watch whole sessions that are maybe not that old?
      http://www.pokerstars.tv/ :f_grin:
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      I'm pretty sure you can also just watch full episodes of HSP or PAD on youtube.

HSP before the full tilt pros stopped playing on the show was pretty entertaining from memory. Season 4 or 5 maybe.
    • sabo999
      sabo999
      Bronze
      [Edited by NutzAreOk]

SabO! :club:

I had to edit this since it`s against our forum principles.

Regards
      NutzAreOk
    • SRwtf
      SRwtf
      Bronze
      thanks, pokerstars.tv is good