I am totally green

• seanj2112
      seanj2112
      Global
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/smilies/biggrin.gif

Hello all my new found poker brothers and sisters. I am so excited. I feel like a kid again that just found a really cool club to be part of.

Seriously I am completely new to poker. About 2 months ago I found my way to Poker Stars and somehow made $50 last a month of countless hours of pure fun playing penny rooms. I knew enough to know I didn't belong any where that the big blind was more than .02. I was hungry for the feel of playing for something besides play money. Two totally different games(it seemed to me).

Before I put any more money into a poker site I vowed to study the game more through reading and what not. I feel so lucky that I found this site. Pokerstrategy.com may have saved me a lot of heart ache and grief. After going through the short stack course I realized what had happened to me many times on poker stars. I played way too many hands. I have learned that I really know very little about poker although I had that beginner's tendency to think I was a hot shot because I am good at math. LOL.

I am grateful to be here. I am anxious because it is going on 3rd day and still patiently waiting the $50 to go into Full Tilt so I begin tirelessly to practice my new found short stack strategy. It seems there is enough material here to keep me in training for at least a couple of years(before I go pro-lol). I look forward to making some solid poker friendships and please teach me I want to learn
  • 9 replies
    • Chazza
      Chazza
      Bronze
      Welcome Seanj2112,

Just remember to ask any questions you have ever. People are always really happy to help. Always post hands that you have difficulty with in the hand judging forum too.

Good luck and I hope you have a great experience on PS.com

I hope you win lots and have fun learning.

Aaron
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      See you on the final table of the WSOP

;) ;) ;)
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      Hi Sean, welcome to pokerstrategy

While the strategy articles here should be the basis of your study dont forget this site also offers videos, live coaching sessions, professional hand evaluaters and lots of friendly experienced players happy to offer advice. To enhance the learning process you should take advantage of as many of these offers as you can. And like Chazza said, dont be scared to ask questions.
    • seanj2112
      seanj2112
      Global
      Unfortunately I am an American(LOL). I just found out I cannot receive the bonus due to U.S. law and especially our president George Bush who initiated the ludicrous law in 2006 that changed online gambling in America. Oh well there is hope, we have an awesome president coming into power in January who is known to be an avid poker player himself as a hobby.

I hope every one will not mind if I still participate in these forums. I can still learn that way plus read through all the articles and videos available. I guess I will not be able to participate in the points reward system. It's ok there are still good things for me to learn from here.

I hope my being American will not be held against me.
    • hepcat
      hepcat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by seanj2112
      Unfortunately I am an American(LOL). I just found out I cannot receive the bonus due to U.S. law and especially our president George Bush who initiated the ludicrous law in 2006 that changed online gambling in America. Oh well there is hope, we have an awesome president coming into power in January who is known to be an avid poker player himself as a hobby.

I hope every one will not mind if I still participate in these forums. I can still learn that way plus read through all the articles and videos available. I guess I will not be able to participate in the points reward system. It's ok there are still good things for me to learn from here.

I belive you can participate in the point system but I think you have to deposit your own money on the full tilt acount you created trough pokerstrategy dont know about the diffrent promotion codes.

Ofcourse it wont be held against you that your american more than the frickin gamin law in US.
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      Originally posted by seanj2112

It's not only on us, also our agreement with FullTilt forbids us to give our free money offer to US players.

Either way, I wish you lots of fun and success here in our community, because posting here and being an active member in other ways does not interact with the free money thing :)
    • seanj2112
      seanj2112
      Global
      Thank you for the words of wisdom and encouragement. Whether I can be completely involved with this thing or not I am so happy to have some poker friends willing to take the time to communicate with me. This is such an awesome thing to be involved with. I look forward to getting deeper into the forums and reading fellow members hand histories and insights. I am going to make notes of those taking the time to write me since our contact is through writing I won't have a face to remember. Again I appreciate this site and the players involved.
    • seanj2112
      seanj2112
      Global
      is that a definite that i can participate in the points system. Also what if I had not of already of had an account with poker stars would I have been able to of gotten the startup money with them. I just assumed there was a ban on americans, perhaps I assumed too much.
    • hepcat
      hepcat
      Bronze
      You wouldn't be able to get a startcapital on pokerstars either maybe its the same reason as with full tilt, but I'm pretty sure you can participate in the point system. It's not a complete ban on Americans just for the startcapital I belive it's the reason you have to agree that your not an american citizen. I belive that PS hope there will be changes in the future about that.

Ask the support in the Help tab about the point system.