Waaattttaaafffaaakkkk???

• Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      I don't understand how can I beat NL400 & NL600 but I can't win (or even cash) in ANY $22 SnG!
      In my last 107 attempts my record is:
      1st place: 0
      2nd place: 6
      3rd place: 4
      4th: 58
      5th: 29
      6th: 8
      7th: 2
      8th: 0
      9th: 0

There is really no some big leaks in my game and I'm playing mostly ABC strategy, I'm mostly chip leader or 2nd one when there are 4-5 players left and EVERY time someone bust me like this:
      Shortstacker bets 600 (blinds 200/400) of his 900-1000 stack. I'm there with A:spade: A:heart: and I can't fold that so I'm gonna push him all in.
      He will call and he will show some garbage like Q:club: 4:diamond: ...
      Board will, by no mean to miss, come this: :club: :club: :club: :club: x or :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: x
      And I' down for some precious stack. I'll continue to play and that situation will appear again. This time I'm with A:spade: K:spade: , I'll try to build something cause my board is perfect A:diamond: K:club: 8:spade: . I'll raise 4/5 of the pot, 1 donk who's chipleader is there to push me all in and I will call. he will show Q:diamond: 2:diamond: . One scenario brings :diamond: :diamond: to the turn and the river and another flips up 2 and 2. I can't win, yes.
      So I'm busted!
      So I can fold and let the blinds eat me or I can fail every time with 90% to win.
      I choose what?
      And yes, I really can't wait to someone bust out at 4th because I tried that soooo many times and everybody just raise and then folds to the shortstack and bla, bla, bla. I know they all have nothing and when I hit TT+ or A9+ I'll push. I'll be in 99% times at least 60/40 preflop and 80/20 postflop and I'll find myself busted in 100% of the time by runner runners.
      This isn't some bad beat post. It's not... I'm just asking is it possible to play perfectly SnG strategy or at least better than my opponents and to have my SnG variance so brutal that I have approx. -1890% ROI after more than 2000 SnGs played (all the way, from $1 to $200)?
      And I can play cash what I'm doing every day 6h and I'll never see that things more than 10 times in 20K hands...
      I mean... my PT3 says this about SnG hands:
      AA win: 34.2% (had 'em 548 times)
      KK win: 59.4% (440 times)
      QQ win: 19.2% (633 times)
      AK win: 62.6% (712 times)

Is that possible, lol?
      Should I just quit with that type of "fun"?

Thanks for any useful tips.

Regard :)
  • 3 replies
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global

AA win: 34.2% (had 'em 548 times)
      KK win: 59.4% (440 times)
      QQ win: 19.2% (633 times)
      AK win: 62.6% (712 times)

:)
      Check the equity in equilator vs random cards and u will find it is just a SICK SICK SICK variance.

Keep it up dude ! At the end of the year you will be +EV compared to the guy with Q4o.
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      Just lost in 4 another SnGs.
      My AK didn't survived vs K5 (after flop 8KK. turn came 5 and river Q).
      With JJ I ran into AA 2 times (1 time I flopped my J but at the river is ACE).
      And with QQ lost vs 23 (flop Q76, turn 4, river 5).
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi,

Your stats prove that you aren't playing properly on the bubble. You bubble way to much, which is often due to blinding alot of your chips away. If you play aggresively on the bubble, you will build a bigger stack, which gives you the basis to go on and win.

Visit a coaching or watch some video's. I dont buy it, that its down to bad suck outs, as you finish 4th and 5th way to much.

Regards,
      Stiev