School, new apartment, deficit that has to be builded through micro stakes

• martinemem
      I havent been very professional lately about how i approach not only poker, but also my time in general.
      Since its only 2 weeks since i started in school, i havent got a clear overview of how much time its gonna suck out of me. But so far its going great.

Poker on the other hand, feels a bit different. It almost feels like i've had a setback.

Im trading huge news events 2-5 times a week, mostly in the night, so it can be a little hard in the beginning to go to school on lesser sleep, but i have been doing great so far. So i think it is fine in the longrun to once in a while only sleep 4-5 hours.

I will start every month down around 50 BI 400-600$ for rent and stuff. And that is actually kinda new to me. So its like im playing a bit different some days.
      I do have a cookie draw if i have a bad month. But it costs me everytime i withdraw from the newstrading. Not that i have done it yet, but its annoying, costly and also a true nightmare with da paperworks for withdrawals.

The fact that i have sat myself in a apartment that costs 1.1-1.5k to withhold, might sound a bit silly, when im grinding micro. But i like the challenge.

In 2 years im done with school, and im gonna decide whether i wanna read further into math, or just grind for 100% of the living. Or maybe just 80%, since i have newstrading aswell.

So why do i create this blog?
      For starters i think it would be interesting to hear what you guys did when you started out beeing dependent on the grindings, and how steep you approached it.
      Also, i can use it as a help in structure. To plan out things i should study each week. I think sunday is a good day for the mandatory update of plans.

It works dramatically good in school with the structure i've already learned compared to few years ago through poker. So i think i will do ok i school. Because i only have to go a few years back to remember how bad i was managing my time.

Week 1:

- Continue what i do in school, since it works for me now.

- Only selecting a few other trades than the good highvarianse ones.

- Find out how much i should increase my trading capital before i start to reduce risks a little.
      Atm im risking around 7-10 % on every trade.
      ~8% of the trades i will lose 14-20% of my capital.
      ~39% i lose 7-10%
      ~52.5% i win 4-15%
      ~0.5% i win 20-80%
      The reason i find it funny to put numbers on the trades, is because the numbers arent reliable. By this i mean, my life i waaay too short to have a volume on this strategy that actually confirms it.
      2-5 trades each week? So if i avg 3 trades pr week, in around 20 years i will have a confirmation that what i do works. And by that time im almost dead/rotten.

- POKERVOLUME. Yes i go to school, and yes it takes time, but since i finally have gotten tableninja and other programs, there should not be an excuse for not atleast grinding 25k hands. Some days i cant grind, so the main volume (at least 75%) should be made in weekends.
  • 6 replies
    • martinemem
      Just fold, even though he never hits that queen that hard, when he bets like this? If fold, then what should i be looking at defending?
      Hero (BTN): 128.2 BB
      SB: 100.5 BB (VPIP: 26.67, PFR: 23.33, 3Bet Preflop: 9.09, Hands: 31)
      BB: 161.6 BB (VPIP: 19.02, PFR: 16.10, 3Bet Preflop: 7.69, Hands: 207)
      UTG: 107.6 BB (VPIP: 12.90, PFR: 3.23, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 31)
      UTG+1: 101.5 BB (VPIP: 25.55, PFR: 19.46, 3Bet Preflop: 7.39, Hands: 415)
      MP: 281.7 BB (VPIP: 25.38, PFR: 13.49, 3Bet Preflop: 5.18, Hands: 2,188)
      MP+1: 234 BB (VPIP: 21.25, PFR: 8.75, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 80)
      CO: 53 BB (VPIP: 44.09, PFR: 0.70, 3Bet Preflop: 0.31, Hands: 2,178)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J:diamond: J:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 2.4 BB, SB raises to 10 BB, fold, Hero calls 7.6 BB

Flop: (21 BB, 2 players) 7:club: T:diamond: 7:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets 8.6 BB, SB raises to 17.2 BB, Hero calls 8.6 BB

Turn: (55.4 BB, 2 players) Q:diamond:
      SB bets 73.3 BB, Hero calls 73.3 BB

River: (202 BB, 2 players) A:diamond:

Hero mucks J:diamond: J:club: (Two Pair, Jacks and Sevens) (Pre 68%, Flop 83%, Turn 75%)
      SB shows J:spade: K:heart: (Straight, Ace High) (Pre 32%, Flop 17%, Turn 25%)
      SB wins 188.6 BB
    • martinemem
      So far this month in poker:

Missed yesterday at school, i think i pushed myself a little too hard. So i will try a litlte bit shorter day, and 30 min more sleep.

Traded tonight before school:

Risked a little more than my usual max risk, since i felt like since i only would get 2-3 hours sleep because of the trade, i wanted the trade to matter. And it surdenly it.

Today im gonna grind a bit until i get a visit from a lady who is going to help me understand my syndrom. Since im riding on ~2h sleep im not sure i will be fresh for grinding after that.

So i might just do the homework after that (because thats not as important as beeing fresh for grind) :s_biggrin:

I think im gonna post a hand after each session. And i've seen others using the idea of taking your worst hand and expose so that this surden mistake wont happen again.
    • martinemem
      So far this month in poker:

Havent played that many hands. Need to up this a little bit.

Traded thursday night

The trades thursday night on the unemployment rate on aud im gonna try a new approach next week. A little higher gap on entries. Both my sell and buy order got triggered, which is why i only gained 10.4%. Would have been around 10.4+9/1.1 so around ~18% instead.

This acc is exactly from when i started trading news:

This acc is when i started trading more seriously. After doing great for a couple of months, i heard a rumour of fbi sizing the usd, so i started pumping. Unfortunately i was in 2 weeks too early, so the expected upswing started 1 week after i had emptied the acc. Which is why the numbers on this acc is screwed (130-135).
      Since i started trading news (trade nr 136+), this acc is up around 3%, when the other acc is up around 10-12%:

The reason it varies is because im using different pairs on each platform for the same trades, due to different spreads.

Schoolwise im starting to puke in all the history classes. Also because i just know history class is not gonna be +ev short term, but long term it will, since i have to pass it to continue.
      Also missed today and yesterday in school, which is not good enough. I did feel bad, and a little sick. So i guess i did have merit for it.
      But next week im gonna focus a little more on actually showing up :D
    • NightShadePMC
      About the JJ hand, i would check back the flop for pot control. I would plan to get 2 streets of value out of this hand is no overcards hit, and maybe call a single street as a bluffcatcher if an overcard hits. As played, unless you have a read on the villain as being very bluffy, I'd fold the turn, because you're usually up against TT or QQ-AA. The fact that he had KJ is a rare exception versus an unknown.
    • martinemem
      Originally posted by NightShadePMC
      .. because you're usually up against TT or QQ-AA. The fact that he had KJ is a rare exception versus an unknown.
      I actually removed his set opportunities due to timing and sizing on him. But since i block OE pretty hard, i think because of that, that you are right. Thanks :)
    • ChopShade
      wrong post.Sorry.