Is the offer for free money a scam?? WARNING!!!!! WARNING!!!!

• saso0110
      saso0110
      Bronze
      I was just wondering: Is the 50 euro/GBP free money just a big scam?? and why do Pokerstrategy as you for your ID and adress??

Well, as you already have figured it out, I registred and wanted to try this. Filled in everything needed and recived a verfication email that the money will be on the poker account within few hours, and sometimes it may take up to 48 hours. That was fair enough.
      Day after, got an email from this site where they were asking for my ID and adress to verify. That was ok also, and I sent it in. This is the email I got back from this site:

Thank you for sending us your images. We will try to keep the waiting time as short as possible and process them as soon as possible. Still, this may take a few hours.

We will send you an email once the check is finished. We might also contact you if there is a problem with your poker room account (e.g. a misspelled account name). Please check your email inbox regularly. Best regards, Your team at PokerStrategy

Now 12-14 days later, which after my calculation is WAY more than the 48 hours, still nothing.

Posted a question on the FB site, nothing!!!

The thing which is disturbing is that the ID I sent in have all the info needed to make a identity theft, or what ever these guys are doing with them, and that is not OK!!!!!!!!
  • 20 replies
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Hello saso0110,

First of all, I can assure you that the free money offers advertised on this site are not scam, as I have used them myself in the past, and so did others. There is no need to worry about that.

Of course, technical problems can never be ruled out. I'd advise you to send customer support a ticket and they'll be happy to sort out whatever problem there may be.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    • unshpe
      unshpe
      Basic
      ID is needed to make sure the same person doesn't get the free $ more than once.

Free money is not exactly free money, they will make $ off your grinding via deals with poker rooms, so it's not 100% charity.

GL once u get your $ !
    • Veini
      Veini
      Silver
      registering via an affliate to a pokerroom is a win/win situation for both parties. I think pokerstrategy does a damn good job at giving the best value for affliates in many rooms :)
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      HI saso0110,

please be patient, our customer service department will get in touch with you shortly.

Let us know if we can be of any further assistance. Fingers crossed your case gets solved soon.

Regards,
      Marta
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Originally posted by saso0110

Now 12-14 days later, which after my calculation is WAY more than the 48 hours, still nothing.

I can confirm, that 12-14 days is indeed more than 48 hours.
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      Originally posted by dannywratten
      Originally posted by saso0110

I can confirm, that 12-14 days is indeed more than 48 hours.
    • gocepanovps
      gocepanovps
      Basic
      I have similar experience, and I also think that this site is stealing our identity!!! I have been asked to upload my scanned id (front and back?!) in order to received some bankroll. I got suspicious but I uploaded my ID. Than I got mail that I will not received anything because the identity check did not pass (???) and they did not want to explain anything!!! How can it be, scanned image of my ID not to pass??? That is just stupid, and it is point of just one logical thing: IDENTITY THEFT!!! FOR EVERYONE OUT THERE, DO NOT UPLOAD YOUR ID TO THIS SITE!!!!!1
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      HI, gocepanovps,
      Welcome to PokerStrategy.com!

Over the years that PokerStrategy.com has been in operation several hundred thousand have received a free bankroll.

Along the way, for one reason or another, some member's ID did not pass a security check. It is not possible to say why they did not pass, for obvious reasons.

Members whose ID does not pass are still welcome to use all the other features of the site.

All the best,
      VS
    • junona1992
      junona1992
      Bronze
      It's not a scam, but just very misleading title, where 50$ isn't really 50, at least not "nodeposit 50" as you would think so at first...
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey junona1992.

the higher amount of free money that we advertise is the total one can get - it might include making a deposit, though. All the relevant information is always mentioned on the FAQ/download guide page. Have a look at this page: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/free-poker/ (by clicking on the chosen room you get directed to the page with further explanation regarding the free money and the way it's assigned).

Hope it clarifies.

Regards.
    • Pokrbro
      Pokrbro
      Bronze
      I got 10$ free from TitanPoker and also applied for 888Poker and NetBet but didn't heard of NetBet yet.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Pokrbro,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com :welcome:

When did you apply for the NetBet offer? If it goes longer than 72 hours, I would suggest opening a ticket with our customer support team.

Just scroll to the bottom of the page (after clicking the link above) and click the + sign next to "Open a new ticket'.

Cheers :f_drink:

Laz
    • Pokrbro
      Pokrbro
      Bronze
      Yesterday before i went to bed i received from them mail to upload verification ID which i did,and now am just waiting.

Too bad that i can't link my Pokerstars account with the site here to generate strategy points,but NetBet and 888poker as i see it ,have best generating capabilties including WilliamHill Poker which for some reason i can't register for(site not working for me).
    • Post removed

• limangchuen
      limangchuen
      Bronze
      Hi,

At the first time I'm also wondering if this is a scam, however, after I provide all the information that they required, I received the $50.

It could be the same reasons that why the Bank also need your ID and address. However, there could be a risk which you give your ID and address to the Bank. (don't explain too much in here)

By the way, hope that you could receive the starting capital and enjoy playing poker. Good luck!
    • Post removed

• will893
      will893
      Bronze
      Por Que No Me Llega mis 50 $, yo segui Los Pasos y en plena inclinación, Reviso mi caja y nada 000,000, ESTO ES UN fraude párrafo q publicidad colocan falsaX( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X(
    • will893
      will893
      Bronze
      Por Que No Me Llega mis 50 $, yo segui Los Pasos y en plena inclinación, Reviso mi caja y nada 000,000, ESTO ES UN fraude párrafo q publicidad colocan falsa
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey will893,

Translated by GoogleTranslate

Why do not I get my $ 50, I followed the steps and at full tilt, check my box and nothing 000,000, this is a paragraph fraud q placed false advertising
      I'm not sure why you haven't received your money. I would suggest opening a ticket with our customer support team.

Just scroll to the bottom of the page (after clicking the link above) and click the + sign next to "Open a new ticket'.

Keep us updated

Laz