Gold star challenge | NL10 FR Zoom'

• DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      HELLO everyone, and welcome to my challenge thread!

My aim this month is to seriously grind it out, and achieve goldstar status on Pokerstars. The reason this is my aim is because i currently have enough FPP's to unluock a whopping 75$ when i hit goldstar and can spend the points (I CANT WAIT!) - and not only this but i will soon be unlocking $50 of bonus from the VIP stella rewards. So it's going to be a double whammy of bonus money and HOPEFULLY *fingers crossed* i can take some shots at NL25 once i'm done here!

I'll be posting progress here every couple of days so you can help motivate me, and you can also let me know how your doing with your grinds/targets too.

It is full ring i'm playing, NL10 and Zoom. Wish me luck :f_cool:
  • 9 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi DecMate, that sounds like the kind of challenge I like to! :s_love:

I will certainly wish you luck with this one and I'll be checking in for definite!

Oh and no slacking of please, I'd like to see you get to nl25 that would be nice! :s_cool:

I wont talk about my grind thank you, it's not only boring it's depressing compared to this! :f_eek:

Very best regards, run well and have fun,

Mal.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gadget51
      Hi DecMate, that sounds like the kind of challenge I like to! :s_love:

I will certainly wish you luck with this one and I'll be checking in for definite!

Oh and no slacking of please, I'd like to see you get to nl25 that would be nice! :s_cool:

I wont talk about my grind thank you, it's not only boring it's depressing compared to this! :f_eek:

Very best regards, run well and have fun,

Mal.
      Hahaha, im sure it's not THAT bad, everyones gotta start somewhere, right? :f_biggrin:

Thanks Mal :f_love:
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      Fullring is so nice and easy-autopiloting. Carefull you dont auto pilot too much. Because that can easy become a habit to do.

So if you open 4 zoom fr, it gonna take like ½ month to reach goldstar on stars if you play everyday?
      May i ask why this challenge is weighted towards fpps?
      Short-term fpp based challenges is a good way to improve your consistensy, but you say its because you wanna shoot @ nl25 after you receive your 2x bonuses?

Nl10 fr is imho a nice place to 3b 100% range vs specific opponents.

Good luck
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Originally posted by martinemem
      Fullring is so nice and easy-autopiloting. Carefull you dont auto pilot too much. Because that can easy become a habit to do.

So if you open 4 zoom fr, it gonna take like ½ month to reach goldstar on stars if you play everyday?
      May i ask why this challenge is weighted towards fpps?
      Short-term fpp based challenges is a good way to improve your consistensy, but you say its because you wanna shoot @ nl25 after you receive your 2x bonuses?

Nl10 fr is imho a nice place to 3b 100% range vs specific opponents.

Good luck
      Thanks for the input Matinemem.
      Yes, i've fallen into the trap of auto-piloting, and wondering why i can't beat the limit. But not anymore, im staying alert and playing my best, posting hands and trying to be more productive and active - rather then being lazy and reactive.

I basically wan't to be able to spend the FPP's on cash so i can move up faster, but i can't spend the 6,250 FPPs (and unlock the 75$) until i'm a Goldstar on Pokerstars. Plus i have a target to aim for now, which helps motivate me to play more. I would love to move up to NL25, i've managed to take a shot once before (but got crushed -__-) but now i've had coaching, watched some videos and focusing more then i ever have, so i'm seeing how it goes around this time.

100% range?! Vs what type of opponents would you do that?
      I go very loose at times, 3B'ing Kxs and sometimes Qxs depending on the villian, but i've never bet something like 52o vs anyone.
    • ImpasX
      ImpasX
      Bronze
      Gl Mate! you can do it :) . Believe in you.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ImpasX
      Gl Mate! you can do it :) . Believe in you.
      Cheers man, Hows your grind coming along? Haven't seen you on the tables in forever
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze

Day 1 hasn't gone really to plan. I don't feel i played that bad, but i'm down 4BI which hurts alot when i put so much time into it. Had some horrible beats, made some (i believe to be) bad plays. Posted some hands in the hand evaluation formus too, check them out if you like:

BUT what i have done is put the volume in, and this is a small sample. So lets ALL focus on the long run.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze

This is my graph so far, from day 1-6. I've been to scarborough this week so i haven't had much time to play. But still got a decent amount of hands in really. Almost unlocked the 50$ bonus too :f_cool: >

• DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      I haven't updated this in a while.

I've still been playing and actually been able to take shots at NL25! So currently, i'm STILL aiming for goldstar but should hit it by the end of the month 4tabling nl25 zoom for a couple of hours each day. This is my graph:

It's not going too good,.. Or bad, so i can't complain!

I've unlocked my 50$ bonus, and i have 9K (YES 9K) VPP's saved up, so when i hit goldstar i might actually be able to unlock 2 75$ bonuses which will give an awesome boost to my BR.