If you can't spot the fish

• JoeyWorm
      JoeyWorm
      Basic
      at the table then it's usually you.

I fell in love with this line when i was much younger. I was playing in some tough live games and always thought everyone was amazing. I later learnt they were all really bad but i had to take a step back and really analyze myself as a player.

Rounders has played a huge part in my poker life. It's a great film which really motivates me to grind. So before you ask this is why my name is JoeyWorm which imo would make a great player.

So a bit about me:

I started off playing a lot of live cash games and online tournaments. It was more just for fun but i got very lucky and won some big money in tournaments and beat the cash games. I never kept track of the hourly or anything as most won't have back in the day but it paid more than stacking shelves!

I now play a lot of 50-200nlh online. I try to hit 50k hands each month and more if possible. I play across 5 sites as i like to change things up a bit. Swapping from zoom to regular games for example. Also some sites i play on are super soft euro (Italian) sites so i can play 200 there whereas i play 50nl for 90% of the time elsewhere.

I love football and doing everything a near 30 year old does including drinking, travelling and general degeneracy.

I am making this blog to keep me motivated so i really hope you follow it, enjoy reading and would love some comments.

This is my first post so sorry i have not added in any pictures or videos but still a bit of a fish here - :f_confused: BADDBRING

Will fire up hands and graphs as we go along but for now thanks for clicking on my thread!
  • 15 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi JoeyWorm and a very warm welcome to you, I'm pleased you found your way to blogs already to! :)

As for spotting the fish, well, not a lot of difficulty there in my case, I just have lots of mirrors dotted around the house, easy game!

Good luck with the blog, I think t might be an interesting read.

You seem to know your way around but if you do need any help or information just ask and we'll see what we can do for you, ok?

Meanwhile, run good, have fun and I'll offer my very best regards,

Mal.
    • JoeyWorm
      JoeyWorm
      Basic
      Originally posted by gadget51
      Hi JoeyWorm and a very warm welcome to you, I'm pleased you found your way to blogs already to! :)

As for spotting the fish, well, not a lot of difficulty there in my case, I just have lots of mirrors dotted around the house, easy game!

Good luck with the blog, I think t might be an interesting read.

You seem to know your way around but if you do need any help or information just ask and we'll see what we can do for you, ok?

Meanwhile, run good, have fun and I'll offer my very best regards,

Mal.
      Hi thankyou very much and yes the blogs are my main interest as it is nice to read what people write as they are doing the same thing as i am. We all just have to find ways to stay motivated right?
    • JoeyWorm
      JoeyWorm
      Basic
      So today was really interesting. It started off pretty tough then everyone just went wild. The addition of some newbs stirred up the action so even the regs lost their minds. Volume was perfect being just under 2k hands especially as i was 6-8 tabling most of the session.

Love booking a winning day for the 1st of a new month. I hope this continues

http://imgur.com/aBNSfEr

Can someone tell me why the image wont show in the post please?
    • safeasfcuk
      safeasfcuk
      Bronze
      Hey mate

You mention some super soft italian site which may that be? ;)

Im just learning myself so its not hard for me to spot the fish tbh!!
    • JoeyWorm
      JoeyWorm
      Basic
      Originally posted by safeasfcuk
      Hey mate

You mention some super soft italian site which may that be? ;)

Im just learning myself so its not hard for me to spot the fish tbh!!
      Honestly anything that ends in .it is going to be super soft :)
    • safeasfcuk
      safeasfcuk
      Bronze
      I may have a look at that some time then, whats the sng like on these sites?

Dan
    • JoeyWorm
      JoeyWorm
      Basic
      Today was fun again. Tough to get serious volume in over a couple of hours but if i am averaging 2k per day then i will smash my goals long run. Just have to keep concentrating and making the correct decisions.

Could someone tell me how to make the images show in my posts please?

Month graph so far

http://imgur.com/XSojr4p
    • safeasfcuk
      safeasfcuk
      Bronze
      If you click on the little picture box on the top 7th across then paste in the pic url with the .jpg on the end it should show
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by safeasfcuk
      If you click on the little picture box on the top 7th across then paste in the pic url with the .jpg on the end it should show
      That's correct, I actually have an old screenshot of the button to illustrate it:

However, you need to have Bronze status or higher to be able to post pictures.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Gold
      Originally posted by Harrier88
      this is extremely important
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey JoeyWorm,

Grab some free money. This will give you minimum lifetime Bronze status. The advantages are being able to post images, send friend requests and PMs, opening up more strategy, videos and coachings as well as giving you a tracked account to earn SPs and achieve a higher status.

Hope this helps

Laz
    • JoeyWorm
      JoeyWorm
      Basic
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      Originally posted by Harrier88
      this is extremely important
      Ah ok i see i guess its because of this then. Will get to bronze soon so will just post links for now :( ! Feeling like a newb
    • JoeyWorm
      JoeyWorm
      Basic
      Action packed grind today!!!!!!!!!!

Although i only played around 1k hands the games were great for that time period. Sadly i just had some other things to do and had to book a small loss. Loads of random all ins kept happening and sadly the pot kept sliding to everyone but me.

http://imgur.com/69VTCnA
    • JoeyWorm
      JoeyWorm
      Basic
      Had a really bad session losing 5 buy ins last night. I played 1 hand incredibly bad and the rest were just standard tbh.

Annoying losing at the beginning of a month but i have plenty of time to turn it around.

Any advice?
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Gold
      Originally posted by JoeyWorm
      Had a really bad session losing 5 buy ins last night. I played 1 hand incredibly bad and the rest were just standard tbh.

Annoying losing at the beginning of a month but i have plenty of time to turn it around.

Any advice?
      keep trying :D