Zooming on PS

• NeedToLearn
      NeedToLearn
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

my name is Andreas, 30 years old, from germany and this will be my poker blog :D

I am mainly doing this blog for personal motivation, to keep myself thinking about my game, my goals and other poker related stuff. I am also looking for 2-3 motivated people who play around my limits to talk poker with.

Currently i am playing a mix of 10NL and 25NL Zoom on Pokerstars, depending on my mood. Am hoping to settle down at 25NL. I am a huge bankroll nit and also cashed out a bit, which was rather stupid...
      At these limits you should try to move up as fast as possible because of the rake etc.

But.. I am about to move up and want to approach my game way more seriously :)

So my goals aren't set skyhigh, but i want to become a "solid" 100NL regular in the stars zoom pool. I think that's an achievable goal for myself and it would make me very happy of course.

In this blog i will hopefully post some hands, ask a lot of stupid questions, learn a lot and just looking forward in general to become a part of this community, which is pretty awesome i must say.

So.. GL to everyone at the tables!

Some stats/graph so far:

• 18 replies
    • letmewinplz8
      letmewinplz8
      Silver
      Hey I would be interested in talking poker with you. I am currently playing nl10 - struggling a little bit tbh - only a slight winner atm. I switched from playing midstakes mtts a few weeks ago and have similar goals to you as to getting to nl100 etc.
    • NeedToLearn
      NeedToLearn
      Bronze
      Hey, ok. I sent a friend request.
    • Shuttled
      Shuttled
      Bronze
      Hey mate nice blog, same situation as me. playing 25nl and getting ready to crush ;) Will follow definately!
      Bronze
      sick graph gl!
    • Wertoph
      Wertoph
      Bronze
      Is this fr or sh?
    • NeedToLearn
      NeedToLearn
      Bronze
      Thanks for the goodluck. It's all 6max
    • 4empion
      4empion
      Bronze
      Hi. Very nice stats and results. You'r well done. If I had that skill and results, which you have, I, probably, will leave my job ))

If it's not privacy for you, I will want know: how long you played this distance (and how much table in a row you playing) and which stats for Hero you had?
    • satishvasoya
      satishvasoya
      Bronze
      hey..looks like we are in the same boat..i started nl25 from today..

lets be friends n not take each others money .. :D :D

good luck bro...
    • NeedToLearn
      NeedToLearn
      Bronze
      Thanks, u too bro :)

Hm looks like I didn't jinx myself. Had a nice session today. No particularly interesting hand. Still looking over some hands.
      Got lucky too and coolered one guys AA with KK :P

Otherwise doing lots of theory. Working my way through Matthew Janda's Application of NLH right now. Pretty good so far, can only recommended it.
      Takes some time of course, you can't really just read it but you also have to really grasp the concepts. I did even translate some chapters to german, so i could better understand or reread some things I didnt fully comprehend.

I used to watch videos and read books pretty passively or mindlessly you could say, but nowadays I try to really think more about what concept the coach is talking about. I try to take as many notes as possible and think what concept can I aplly to my game. And if there's something new I learned then I filter in HEM for these spots and "train" the concept.
      I think that is pretty effective.

A heavy exploitative approach is most certainly more +EV, especially at these limits im playing. But I really like the math and GTO side, although im not great at math :D It just feels like a good framework and certainly helps taking more exploitative lines in the future too.

Also working on trying to better attack and identify capped ranges as well as working on some preflop 3b/4b ranges, especially on my blind play.
    • NeedToLearn
      NeedToLearn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 4empion
      Hi. Very nice stats and results. You'r well done. If I had that skill and results, which you have, I, probably, will leave my job ))

If it's not privacy for you, I will want know: how long you played this distance (and how much table in a row you playing) and which stats for Hero you had?
      Hey, oh thanks. Well I don't think im very good yet but I try. My thinking in ranges really needs some work as well looots of other things, some stupid hero calls, spew and stuff like that :(
      I am playing more seriously now since 3-4 months I think. But played poker on and off for about 2 years, the result is since i started again like 3 months ago.
      At the moment I only play 2 tables, sometimes 3. But I tend to get too much into autopilot mode, forget to take notes, not think enough and stuff like that. Usually only 2. So I don't get too many hands in right now for zoom standards, like 50k a month.
      I think when I reach a limit that I want to grind out, then I will try to add more tables.

You mean my "hero" stats I think? Sure, here these are my 10NL stats:
    • Wertoph
      Wertoph
      Bronze
      The graph with the 1800 hands is nl25 I presume. Nice.
    • NeedToLearn
      NeedToLearn
      Bronze
      Yes 25NL.
      Did put in some volume today, result wise not so great, played kinda meh I think. Too much autopilot, bit spew. Lots of interesting spots though I can go over with in HEM and ask a few questions when I got the time to do so :)

• NeedToLearn
      NeedToLearn
      Bronze
      So... 3rd pokerday since starting the blog was ok. Played quite ok overall i think, one or two stupid mistakes but oh well what can you do.
      Will probably not play today on monday, let's see, will do some theory and review sessions.

• NeedToLearn
      NeedToLearn
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.25 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 135.2 BB (VPIP: 13.57, PFR: 9.71, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 36)
      Hero (SB): 122.64 BB
      BB: 160.44 BB (VPIP: 23.40, PFR: 18.11, 3Bet Preflop: 5.05, Hands: 273)
      UTG: 81.72 BB (VPIP: 27.72, PFR: 22.77, 3Bet Preflop: 5.56, Hands: 102)
      MP: 109.56 BB (VPIP: 45.24, PFR: 21.43, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 43)
      CO: 100 BB (VPIP: 17.17, PFR: 14.13, 3Bet Preflop: 9.09, Hands: 92)

Hero posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has 9:club: A:club:

fold, fold, CO raises to 3 BB, BTN calls 3 BB, Hero raises to 12.8 BB, fold, fold, BTN calls 9.8 BB

Flop: (29.6 BB, 2 players) K:spade: 6:club: T:diamond:
      Hero bets 14.8 BB, BTN calls 14.8 BB

Turn: (59.2 BB, 2 players) Q:club:
      Hero bets 26.8 BB, BTN calls 26.8 BB

River: (112.8 BB, 2 players) 9:heart:
      Hero bets 68.24 BB and is all-in, BTN calls 68.24 BB

Hero shows 9:club: A:club: (One Pair, Nines) (Pre 57%, Flop 17%, Turn 25%)
      BTN shows J:diamond: K:diamond: (Straight, King High) (Pre 43%, Flop 83%, Turn 75%)
      BTN wins 241.28 BB

Starting preflop, well BB had a higher sqz % but maybe i can call too and use weaker hands in my squeeze range, after all A9s plays pretty well multiway. But not so sure if i even want a SB flatting range in that spot and how it would look like with BB being a regular, probably dont.

Well i squeeze and BTN who looks like a nit so far over 30 hands calls. I think in hindsight i should have just check folded the flop, it just hits his tight calling range of suited broadways way way way too hard...

Anways ingame i was thinking like ohh its 120bb deep, he's probably one of those nits that will call all PP's to setmine, i can barrel some clubs, hits my percieved 3b range pretty well, only needs to work 33%. So i cbet.

Turn is well not that great, gives me the flushdraw but i probably have near 0% fold equity on this specific club once he calls flop, so i need to shove lots of good river runouts i think...

Well the river is pretty awesome. Once i get there i think i definitely have to shove here.
      The only bluffs i probably have in my range here is stuff like Ac9c and some Ac2c-Ac5c. Very few combos so im certainly not overbluffing this spot. Even with a Jx he's probably not so super happy calling down cause he's basically only calling for the split or bluffcatching, im not really ever shoving worse for value. Well maybe if he's a supernit he might fold a Jx, i know myself wouldnt be too thrilled but probably would sigh call haha :) Well I also have a ace blocker so its less like he has AJ himself.

He certainly has a bunch of Jx in his range but he will also fold a lot of hands i think.
      Like maybe KTs, KQs, QTs, AQs, TT, 66. Or a wierdly played AK, AA, KK, QQ although pretty unlikely. Maybe i do overestimate how much he would fold not sure..
    • NeedToLearn
      NeedToLearn
      Bronze
      Hey :) So didnt play on Monday, Tuesday an Wednesday. Did study and work a lot on my game though these days.
      But did put in some hands yesterday. Played pretty bad at the beginning, also ran KK into AA 2 or 3 times etc. But.. made a comeback in the end, weeee ;)

• NeedToLearn
      NeedToLearn
      Bronze
      Not much going on.. went to see my dad today. Tired. Played a few k hands earlier. Played pretty good and focused despite a few bad board runouts.
      So far at like 6bb at 25nl but tiny sample of 50k hands of course, can change tomorrow to 2bb :D

hmm :)

PokerStars - $0.25 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 193.76 BB (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 37.50, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 8)
      Hero (SB): 100.4 BB
      BB: 102.56 BB (VPIP: 13.79, PFR: 13.79, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 33)
      UTG: 75.04 BB (VPIP: 15.29, PFR: 10.59, 3Bet Preflop: 3.23, Hands: 88)
      MP: 104.36 BB (VPIP: 40.00, PFR: 26.67, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 15)
      CO: 429.88 BB (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 7)

Hero posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has A:diamond: J:heart:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 3 BB, Hero raises to 10 BB, fold, BTN calls 7 BB

Flop: (21 BB, 2 players) 5:heart: 9:heart: Q:diamond:
      Hero bets 11.6 BB, BTN calls 11.6 BB

Turn: (44.2 BB, 2 players) A:club:
      Hero bets 22.4 BB, BTN raises to 62 BB, Hero raises to 78.8 BB and is all-in, fold

Hero wins 160.64 BB
    • Wertoph
      Wertoph
      Bronze
      Haven't heard from you in a while, hope everything is ok. Waiting for updates.
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Bronze
      nice graph, glgl