Cheltenham 14th November

• 3 replies
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hey alex,

Its a strong card tomorrow, with some real top class horses on show in every race.

I will lay my neck on the line here and suggest two possible value bets. I will only be backing these if the prices are right though.

In the 2:25, I would back Ornasis, but only if the odds are above even money. It is returning back to 24 furlongs which is its prefered distance. Another huge plus is that Ruby Walsh is back as the jockey, who rode this horse last time it won, and it was over 24 furlongs. Battlecry is a danger though. So I would certainly not back Ornasis if it was odds on.

In the 3:00, I would back L'ami. You should be getting good odds, and betting each way might be the key depending on the odds. The race is over 31 furlongs, which will be a real test of stamina for most of the rivals. L'ami has proven it can go the distance in a previous race at Aintree. He is carrying almost a stone less in weight than his previous performance at Aintree, which will be crucial over such a distance. The only downside is the ground. Just pray for it not to rain over night. I see Oh Jackie as the main rival, but dont think it'll handle the ground so well.

Best of luck to ya!
      Stiev
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      thanks for that stiev

fingers crossed for both of us, the weather forcast says rain around now, but not overnight.

Alex
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hey Alexd10,

How did your day go?

Ornasis was given a excelent ride. Ruby walsh done himself proud.

I hope you decided to stear clear of L'ami, as the going was classed as soft. I have had one of my accounts temporarily blocked because of this race. Over the whole situation of the stewards inquiry. I don't know if they announced and explained it properly at the course. The horse that won, actually took a short cut around a couple of bushes. The stewards had told him before the race, that the bushes are only guidelines, and can be ignored if he wants. This was only a few minutes before the race, and everyone that backed the horse online (with a certain bookmaker) a minute or so before the race, is now being looked into.

Regards,
      Stiev