This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Help

• MaryC55
      MaryC55
      Bronze
      Hi
      I've only played in a few games so far, but I'm having lots of 4th place finishes and when I do get down to the final 2 my heads-up play is really weak and I lose even if I go in with a chip lead.
      What can I fo to improve my heads-up plsy
      Msry
  • 1 reply
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      Hi Mary

Sounds like something I went through before.... For the late stages of SNGs and being on the bubble practise with the ICM trainer A LOT! this will help you get a better feel for what hands to be playing/pushing....

On the bubble aggressive play is often the most rewarding as players want to make sure they get ITM...

For the heads-up game read the sage article.... I will generally play push or fold here pushing 22+, Ax, Kx, Qx, J6+ etc and calling with any A, K etc...

Also if you play a hand and you are uncertain then post the hand in the forum and get it evaluated... you will learn a lot from those....

Good luck,

Nick